What does "full spectrum distillate" mean?

Actually varuous cannanaboids can be present in distillate. Distillate is the absence of terpenes, lipids, waxes. Those (terps, lipids, waxes) make up a full spectrum extract.

3 Likes

The marketing I see is this:

Full spectrum = has THC
Broad = T Free

1 Like

You can totally get waxes & lipids in your distillate if you don’t winterize first…not that I recommend doing so. I hear it plugs cold traps something awful

1 Like

99% of spd, wfe, ffe ALL winterize before hand. I’ve never heard of running spd/wfe/ffe with out winterizing.

It makes zero sense not to

3 Likes

I’ve seen it done, on a large enough scale I think the argument could be made that it would save money over winterizing a large quantity of crude beforehand, but I fully recognize the risks and hassle involved with running that gunk thru your distillation equipment. YMMV.

5 Likes

the way you guys say it the only thing full spectrum would be if you ate it like a salad…

fresh, stems and seeds and leafs and all…

You could have a full or original spectrum of cannabinoids.

or terpenes…

or plant extract…

Yes, i see that distinction most commonly. At least on the wholesale level. On the retail level people call things whatever they want to.

2 Likes

Your answer is very educative, and thanks for sharing more light on my understanding about the whole fraction of full spectrum oil to full spectrum oil.

I have got carts tested ( around vapegate time) that had a broadspectrum test result. Delta 8/9 /10, cbg , cbn , cbc was all up that in that jazz. Even the lab tek was suprised cause it was so rare to actually see a broad spectum one that was actually " broadspectrum".

Not necessarily. EtOH soak at room temp for a long period of time will give you full spectrum. Pulls all the terps, cannabinoids, and all the gunk (lipids, waxes, chlorophyll, etc.) RSO is the perfect example of full spectrum extract.

3 Likes

Nah, that’s just wide spectrum.

How can it be FULL spectrum if you’re not extracting the proteins, and complex carbohydrates?!?

:wink:

1 Like

… can’t tell if you’re messing with me or being serious. How would you suggest going about getting “full spectrum”?

Adding the acidics in with the neutral cannabinoids :wink:

And leaving all the other “impurities” in the material

2 Likes

If you’re leaving “impurities” behind it is NOT full spectrum broham. I want every last bit of everything. I’m greedy.

I mean in the material to be consumed! Not the material to be extracted

1 Like

If you want a true full spectrum cannabis product, eat the flower.

2 Likes

This is the answer I was digging for.

1 Like

bonus points if its seeded.

3 Likes

how about full spectrum isolate? lol

3 Likes