What do you think about this?

Has there been a coa on here of a conversion with less d8?

iso-THCs are present in conversions but not normal distillate, no?

@kcalabs @AlexSiegel

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by normal distillate. Most conversions contain them. Iā€™ve seen some with very little present.

1 Like

THC distillate derived from THCa plant material, not converted

D9 distillate almost always has some amount of isomerization but iso d8 isnā€™t a likely candidate in my opinion

2 Likes

Theyā€™re synthetic byproducts of the CBD isomerization reaction when making d8. I doubt theyā€™re made through those pathways.

Theyā€™re in the acetates, too.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen it a bunch of times. Including in something apothecary made from hemp without even distilling after (to my knowledge).

I do not know if CRC is converting the CBD to D8 or what exactly is happening as I do not know the CBD/D9 content before itā€™s CRCā€™d. All I can say for certain is thereā€™s some rearrangement going on just with just CRC which is not surprising when you have acid activated filter media and a lot of surface area. Iā€™ve seen ~5:1 D9:D8 without anything other than CRCā€™d BHO (no distilling) on multiple samples.

Judging by how common it seems to be, my money is on this happening much more than people think it does. Some labs might still not be separating D8/D9 when they donā€™t expect to see a conversion.

5 Likes

I think youā€™re thinking of THCa-A and THCa-B which would indicate it was converted THCA

Or exo-THC has been suggested to be a marker of a conversion but it still shows up in distillate anyway

1 Like

No, Iā€™m just trying to say conventionally derived Delta 9 thc distillate

Isnā€™t exo also present in heat degradation remediated products?

1 Like

This looks like a natural extract (presence of usual minors) which was slightly altered to d8 upon decarb/distillation. CBD content is a bit higher than expected (should be lower than CBC). But that could be due to contamination during production, or during analysis (carry over from a previous CBD rich samples).

Otherwise could be a conversion, but following a less conventional route, and with further addition of CBC/CBG isolates, plus a confusion on d9-thcv during testā€¦ sounds more elusive.

The only way to ensure origin would be to get the chromatogram and track for the fingerprint of purely synthetic product (eg exo thc). Would need to compare data of the same method applied to natural flowers, and to converted products.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a converted liter Iā€™d bet.

90%+ d9 conversions are in the wild now by multiple parties.

The 3.17% d8 is a dead give away in my mind.
That with the 1.43% CBD and 0.5% CBN makes for 5% is cbd or cbd converted d8/cbn.

The almost 1% cbg (0.89%) is the only thing that has me thrown off, but maybe was added to the final product or this was a mix of products vs a made distillate.

The cbg has me scratching my head.

5% = cbd or known cbd conversion products
91% = d9
1% = cbg

Iā€™m still leaning towards conversion product or some kind of mix

That cbg peak is super close to the d9thc on the GC. I can see how someone injecting the sample could easily count some cbg as d9 and vice versa. We had nearly 5% cbg come back from a reputable lab testing nearly pure d9thcaā€¦

Check this out. This is our calibration solution and look how close the d9 and cbg peaks are compared to the rest.

2 Likes

Stoked weā€™re about to get some in-house fun rolling too.
Pure/Flash System gets setup soon.

Already seeing the struggles in Oklahoma lol, canā€™t wait for results back on stones.

2 Likes

So is the final consensus that this is a converted liter?

i think only the maker knows 100%. but if i was putting my money on itā€¦ i would bet converted.

2 Likes

It also has full panel testing.

Most distillate fails and this is clean as Bolivian blow

2 Likes

im usually the conversion hater but this is good enough for edibles 100%ā€¦ i still to my guns as i wouldnt wanna vape this just given the unknown. Seems like a good deal for edibles though! all day long!

2 Likes

d8 can be made from d9 (and I believe d9 is the intermediary step between cbd and d8 in any case).

3 Likes

This depends on column and method. With thd method I use, d8/d9/cbg come separated by 30 seconds between each. There are even more minors in between (d7, d6?)Here they use GC-MS so there is chance that they are more confident on the ID of each cannabinoids.

4 Likes

Check out this HHC Iā€™m running as Iā€™m typing thisā€¦ā€¦

If you had to bet. What do you think this is??

Itā€™s definitely coming our way before our D8 window.

1 Like