What do you look for in a water heater?

Exactly what the post says, what is it you look for? An on-demand hot water heater that does what?
I want one using propane Instead of electricity.
I also want one way oversized, I think 9kw would be about double what I need, and definitely planning on scaling up a bit soon.
Other than what powers it and the size, what would you look for.
How many gpm would one look for? I need to heat the tank, and will want to heat the columns to recover more solvent when running dry shit, and could heat the mol sieves too
Enlighten me

This may be useful:

2 Likes

Oh man, @Saucyslabz linked me to one that checks all the boxes and light on the pocketbook!

2 Likes

You are supposed to share the gold(link) my dood.

2 Likes

I recommended building a holding tank for the hot water and using this heater to pre heat the whole volume of water before circulating through your jackets . This heater will operate with very low water pressure and will heat up to 167F it has about 12 kws of heating power as well . I recommend pairing with 2 of these pumps . One for circulation through the water heater and the other for the jackets . If you heat up the whole volume of water to 140-160F then circulate through your jackets your having much more heating power because of all the stored heat energy in the large volume of water .
https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Portable-Propane-Tankless-1-58GPM/dp/B09P51HVGT/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=2VZXMPMDT7JQU&keywords=propane+on+demand+water+heater&qid=1652933073&sprefix=propane+on+de%2Caps%2C667&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFENDdYT0pMQlhaSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRJZD1BMDMwOTc1MzJEQkoyV1VaQlFZRE0mZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDM5MjcxNzJXSkk2R1FTM1YxNVUmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09N9486R4/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

3 Likes

I totally thought I did link it in that post!
Thanks, @Saucyslabz i just went to the bank, getting ready to grab it now

1 Like