What can i do with lipids

Hello group, I wanted to know if anyone here knows what I could do with the lipids that the extraction leaves after doing winterizing, I usually throw it away, but I think it could be used in cosmetics, does anyone have any idea? here I leave the photo

I’m curious if you can make soap.

1 Like
3 Likes

First thing I would do is test it for cannabinoids.

IME there’s free kilos hanging out in there. Makes for a good rainy day activity provided you have a constant supply of it in house

After that try and sell it to people who wanna make canna-candles?

3 Likes

make candles good idea!

1 Like

I had a friend use it to make candles and whatever products you can use fats for, the trick is filtering the lipids till it is completely dried and not wet at all o guess, maybe someone can try it and see if my friend is crazy and lied to me

2 Likes

If some one wants to send me some waxes/lipids I’ll throw it through the desktop fuge and try to dry it out, melt it, and add some soy wax :person_shrugging: seems easy enough

1 Like

so you used the search bar… right?!?

4 Likes

The most potentially useful and lucrative use for oil cakes is currently as a natural replacement for lipase, the second largest commercially produced enzyme. Oil cakes are a very good resource for growth of microbes to produce enzymes. By fermented the oil cakes with the bacteria Anoxybacillus sp. ARS-1, the lipase enzyme can be produced. It’s just not a competing technology currently and the amount of feedstock required is massive.

2 Likes

There is some interesting research out there regarding lipids helping with the absorption of molecules. I kinda feel like keeping them in the extract for ingestible or boosting them in ingestible could be beneficial.

1 Like

You can blend them into cbd/cbg isolate and call it T free distillate

1 Like

Bho edibles are better than disty imo maybe its the fats lol

2 Likes

Your 100% right they are. Nug run bho eddys for the win. Strain specific for that feeling you can’t get anywhere else. Dialed!

3 Likes

Partial decarb ftw. They will be spicy from the terps

1 Like

So spicy. I use 0.5ml molds & get all the way to 115mg. There very “spicy” so much so I swallow with H2O whole.

1 Like

test it for cannabinoid content, you may find its like >10% THCA/CBDA. If that’s the case, save up a ton of lipids and spend a day extracting those cannabinoids from them.

I’ve heard all sorts of ideas before - making soap and candles and skin care whatever. The only folks I ever saw actually pull anything off were some folks in the ourskirts of Colorado who figured out how to make decent candles from the stuff. I know a lot of people try and fail the make candles, so there is certainly some technology to it for the flame to burn tall/bright/evenly and not self-extinguish. Frankly, once the cannabinoids are gone I would just throw them out - theres not a lot of meat left on that bone.

2 Likes