What are my options for floodable centrigues ? looking for something that can do like 25 pounds every 30 mins.

You get how the industry works :joy::joy:

Step 1) Learn to spell ā€œCentrifuge.ā€

Youā€™re going to find that you end up with heavy metals (and worse) like nickel in your extraction with Chinese manufacturing. I have spent significant time looking into this and I want to give you the heads up without meaning to be adversarial that you donā€™t know what you are talking about. :smiley: Go with Ace Spinner or Delta and save yourself from inadvertently harming people.

Also of note, there are many companies on the market that offer ā€œcentriguesā€ (lmao) other than Delta or Ace. I believe that Colorado Extractions and even Capna are making ones now.

1 Like

ace is a Chinese centrifuge,i would go out on a limb to say capna is as well. and most if not all extraction equipment manufactures use Chinese steel in one way or another.

I remember when bhotard? is that right lol?

was importing steel and welding it here like subzero used to and claiming its ā€œAmerican madeā€ hahaha

anybody remember the ā€œweldā€ (if you want to call them that) jobs on the solvent tanks they used to offer? looked like they did it with a hot sledgehammer :rofl::joy:

anyways, the moral is, if you are a customer, you are just wrong, do more research into steel lol

if you are repping one of said companies I guess Iā€™m just laughing at you over here lol

if yur crafty donā€™t waste your money. if your time is extremely valuable, go with the pre certified ones.

1 Like

heavy metal remediation ainā€™t that complicated.

3 Likes

This forum is so inflammatory. Mention multiple brand names with no favoritism or discrimination, I must be repping one of them!

2 Likes

A fair and just truth.

1 Like

please share what empirical data you have uncovered about heavy metal contamination regarding Chinese steel , Iā€™m sure most here would be very interested.

1 Like

Send me a dm and ill give you my email

I donā€™t have any hard feelings for the folks getting 90k for a salad spinner. Youā€™ve gotta charge what the market will bear, and if theyā€™re making a 90% margin on their goods and service, more power to them. No jealousy here.

That being said, Iā€™ll leave those products to those with more investor money than they know what to do with. Iā€™ve got more time than money at this point, so Iā€™ve been looking into picking up a Chinese fuge for $4k and replacing the seals with something a little more durable than silicone (thinking Viton, though PTFE would be best). Unless I can find a China manufacturer who does the seals right the first time. Either way, buying Chinese and paying someone to make it please the fire marshal still saves a shit ton of money. These machines arenā€™t exactly that complicated.

2 Likes

Coming from the tech industry, Iā€™m used seeing huge service fees. No one complains.

If you have a few week, the staff, and know how, you can save money and have a nice learning experience.

If you want to be up and running in a few days, you need to pay the piper.

If you have biomass that is piling up, and demand for your end product,ā€¦Time is money.

1 Like

Lol the ace spinner is a retro fitted chinese spinnerā€¦ just FYI

This is exactly what all the big companies are doing. Just replace all the bearings, make sure your spinner is well balanced, and the seals either Viton or ptfe. Itā€™s fairly straight forward. I just donā€™t trust myself enough to fuck with a machine that spins at 2000 RPM with 100 pounds of shit in it lol

1 Like

Iā€™d calm down a little bit also before telling people they are wrong Iā€™d research a little. You literally said go with company X Y Z but guess what? Everyone of those companies are buying chinese machines and retrofitting them to be UL and reliable.

1 Like

Might try EPDM.

1 Like

Some of them I guess, I didnā€™t know about Ace. Iā€™ve been to the facilities for Colorado Extractions and Delta Separations, they manufacture themselves from American steel.

Ya, but until I see the actual studies that show Chinese metal leaks metals Into product Iā€™ll continue to believe thatā€™s bullshit propaganda and people just shitting on China. Delta is sourcing a shit load of products with China and then retrofitting them even if their fabricating the actual steel products in an American facility. Iā€™d bet the steel is still coming from China.

3 Likes

You may be right, I have only heard it from vets to the industry I trust and reports I have read but admittedly I have not read the studies they are referring to. I guess it is like @sonomasep said if you are crafty it makes sense. I just hate to see these companies doing it disparraged they have worked hard to fill a niche and deserve their paychecks!

1 Like

No ones hating on them. The conversation was about is it worth it and whereā€™s the cost coming from. They can sell them then they should by all means make that money. But the answer is still just acceptable mark up that people are willing to pay. Not superior product or innovative techniques. So algae or kyte are half the ace spinners and same starting fuges that ace is retro fitting. The studies for Chinese steel are inconclusive and arenā€™t very broad. Power to them for making that money

1 Like