What air conditioner is in your grow room

I learned that. Chill-x out of Texas built my last chiller and I have to complaints.

1 Like

That does not cool 25lights lol. 83degrees is 83 degrees

I suppose i could clarify 12 were air cooled sodium

5 were halide hanging bare bulb not air cooled

Now it is 12 double enders.

I used to run 25 air cooled lights on 5 tons of cooling so… yeah it’s definitely doable.

Just because the room is still 83 degrees, that doesn’t say anything about your heat load.

Double end fixtures run way hotter than single ends

2 Likes

Not only is there a difference in the heat load, there’s a BIG difference in the humidity because previously the lamp was isolated from the room.

1 Like

The ac is a dehumidifier, you have humidifier running to make up what it strips out creating more heat load. Sounds like your indoor environment needs to be adjusted so equipment works together.

5 Likes

Ok, not everyone, but a vast majority of people who don’t live on the coast or a warm peninsula :joy:

2 Likes

its 75% humidity outside now. When you bring it inside it warms and gets lower humidity. My co2 is off to finish up. The monitor broke too and i cant afford a new one but dont need it for now.

Yes its raining and it would suck it down to 20% regardless. Sealed room

Didnt do that with air cooled

Was thinking diffent type of ac besides mini split

how many gallons of water do you water per day?

15plant medical water about 25gal per day 10 gal buckets

Im a dirt guy

so youre in some desert? what kinda humidity guage do you use? I have a few and the one next to the tents exhaust is always highest. The carbon filter gets kinda humidity soaked.

No nwashington. The room is spray foam sealed . whole building is. Closed room for co2

My advice- go led. Theres lots of great led now and it wont have this issue. I have 2 gavita de so ive run them but only during winter/spring. and i only have 7 foot ceiling so the plants were close.

1 Like

Get a good HVAC contractor to run a load calculation on your space. Every building has different needs. I cringe when I see post of this many btu per watt

5 Likes

It’s so funny. I thought so too and went to get more ipm from the growstore and they said it wasn’t thrips.i got a blue sticky up yesterday, so I guess I’ll see. I’ve been spraying them every three days for the last week.

I’ve been strongly considering LED as afix is there a good feedback on flower and return

I have to grow big plants because I have a limit of 15

I basically never ran ac with air cooled lights unless my apartment or house got hot from the regular outside temp. With ac hoods you can just exhaust out I never tried co2 and ac hoods that use a intake and exhaust seperate from the garden. That would need some ac.

If I had one it be mini split or something that doesn’t exchange air outta the room just pumps in more cold air

My dumbass tried u the one from hydro farm that was basically a stand up window unit with enter and exit vents to the window…was supposed to be sealed so u could use co2 but that shit sucked it out as fast as I could pump it in

Spray spinosad

1 Like