WFE WTF: is the POPE kosher?

Thank you for response… Ended up being that gasket ring that slides up the drive above the wipers. Slipped down and was letting air leak out top of drive

yep, exactly what i thought it would be haha. every. damn. time.

1 Like

Buy ss or youre leaving 10% behind no matter how many passes

Hey guys, resurrecting this laid to rest thread to ask if any of you all happen to have a copy of the Pope Distillation SOP?

We have a SS Dual Stage 6" for reference.

We just got a 2 stage unit, but are having some troubles getting Pope to send us any kind of documentation.

SOP typically comes with the system, but ours was missing unfortuantely.
Any replies are appreciated!

I’ve never heard of Pope sending SOPs, never seen one. Interesting.

They told me it is not very detailed in regards to parameters, more so just familiarity with all of the valves and general operation.
We have a section of a PDF that is labelled Operation, Cleaning, and Maintenance, but the PDF skips the operation part, so we figured something is usually there.

1 Like

A Wiped Film Evaporator is a type of Molecular Still, an apparatus in which collisions between evaporated molecules are considered negligible. The way to achieve that scenario is by ensuring a short path between where evaporation and condensation occur and by operating at high vacuum, decreasing density of molecules in their evaporated state.

1 Like