WFE WTF: is the POPE kosher?

Why is that?

I noticed this post was a few months old. Has anyone dealt with Pope recently? I don’t know if they revamped some of their stuff, but looking of their website it seems like their customer service would have no problem pertaining to cannabis… @Dannywarbucks @bucky 10 months later, do y’all still feel the same about your Pope?

3 Likes

I have been running with my pope and still trying to get a good 2 nd pass… still messing with setting but man it’s frustrating getting that dark red. Perhaps it’s an issue somewhere else in the lab.

2 Likes

Whats your vac/condenser set at?

1 Like

You’re not fully purging your ethanol if you are seeing red streaks- lower your vac and go low and slow- that last 5-10% is stubborn. This advice came directly from the pope rep when I toured the facility a few weeks back, he was very knowledgeable.

4 Likes

When Running the vac is between 55-80 MTorr
And condenser at 75c with jacket at 155c

2 Likes

Sorry- I meant raise the pressure- lower the amount of vacuum power on your system- there isn’t enough volatiles in your flask to generate the vapor required to break from the solution- so you’re actually pushing that ethanol back down with deep vacuum- this is the reason we use an elbulliator when we vacuum assist a Soxhlet extractor- boiling chips won’t work in a vacuum but you could also try to finish your ethanol in a short path equipped with an elbulliator. A smaller amount of oil in the roto can also help.

1 Like

you should never have ANY ethanol in your crude prior to first pass. If you do youre not decarbing/deterping corretly. First pass is supposed to be a terpene strip pass that removes JUST the volatiles. If youre not doing this youre not getting proper seperation and youre probably getting red from oxidized terpenes lol

5 Likes

youre jacket is way too cold, you want me to send you the VTA SOP? I guarantee itll fix alot of your problems IF you follow it EXACTLY.

6 Likes

Would be much appreciated!!

check your IG

3 Likes

If you are getting the red, look at your winterization process. Makes sure you are cold enough long enough and filter fine enough.

1 Like

Can you send me the VTA sop as well? Always love more data

1 Like

Ditto. I’d like to skim through it

1 Like

Me too

2 Likes

How about i upload it so everyone can see, ill tag you guys later tonight when i upload it

6 Likes

That’s awesome.

(insert Johnny 5 more input meme)

2 Likes

can you please send SOP too ? I getting new 6 inch glass jacketed pope next month too
Thank you

Filtering at -20c 20 micron, 2nd is -40c with 5 micron and final is done at -50c with 1/2 micron.
All steps 15-20 hours each. I think it’s over kill but I get very interesting wax/fats at the 1/2 micron filter.
Looking to get the filter housings to scale this all up.

He is going to upload it on the forum