WFE Heat Transfer Fluids

I’m finding a lot of conflicting information out there about what fluids work best in WFE main bodies. I’m looking for something that will perform well with good longevity in an OPEN system at temperatures up to 185C.

If anyone has any recommendations for fluids that fit that bill, please respond.

Thanks!

We used duratherm S for yrs in the wiper bodies and rotos with no decredation and i decarb in the roto

2 Likes

Duratherm s is clear isnt it?

If it is it’s the best, super expensive though

Like 1200 for 5 gallons

Therminol 55.1400 by the drumif i remember correctly. Mind the msds

It’s definitely the best

Only 300 for 5 gal and lasts forever with zero discoloration, stays crystal clear.

2 Likes

Its really only 300 for 5 gallons?

Fuckkkk I’ve been getting colored crap for around that price

Yep as long as you don’t get it from a cannabis company, it’s super reasonable.

Used it for a year now with no sign of color change. It’s crystal clear fluid and I love it lol

2 Likes

@Thejamhole see, duratherm is clear…that was crude in our heating bath :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

We try and keep it all natural :sob::sob::sob:

If I can get it anywhere near $60 / gallon, I’ll definitely be trying Duratherm S.

Ya thats about what mine was, ive been using the same ten gallons for years

1 Like

Do you know of any comparable products? It’s the only one I’ve found that’s crystal clear and stays that way

We stopped looking yrs ago wben we started decarbing in the roto, tried peanut, pinenit etc. i hear avocado oil works not sure about the degrading of it

For the roto, a more expensive but better option has been Dynalene 600, no smoke at all at temps higher then used for cannabis

I go hotter in the roto than i do in the wiper. Duratherm was about 35$ a gallon back then if I remember

Do you do a terp/heads fraction on the wiper?

Ya what ever i dont get out in the roto my vac is nust way deeper. Doing thc about 137-142c

Nice!