Weird Lab Results

I was doing some formulation work with the CBD isolate. Sorry if I’m a bit cryptic, I might try to sell the SOP if I can reproduce the results and this isn’t a testing hiccup.

3 Likes

There’s some surprising efficacy of catalysts out there, but I would be awfully surprised if the minute concentration of CO2 in the air could make this proceed effectively.

If anything I would think maybe you converted it into some other thing that just by coincidence happens to overlap with their THCA standard.

I assume you submitted actual new material to them for the retests right? They didn’t just do them on the jar you had submitted earlier?

Retests have been performed on both starting and ending material. New samples were submitted, not just retesting the same samples they had for the first result.

I think your theory of having something overlap with their standard THCA is definitely a possibility, perhaps more likely than the other possibility. Like the CBC/D10/mystery spike times back in the day.

I sent out more of the questionable sample for MALDI-TOFMS in the meantime while I prepare to do the process again. Maybe there are just issues with the LC-DAD and HPLC for this kind of work? Ambient CO2 levels make me skeptical as well.

1 Like

Well that will certainly help. Yeah tell us what the mass spec says

1 Like