Weed Bonsai?!?

Your best bet is keeping the plants in veg. I don’t think it works the way you see it happening in your head. If you want to have the nice smells and a nug to pull at your leisure, just stick with the regular timing amd life cycle. Putting plants back into veg from flower is a bitch, and goddamn do they look bad when you are doing it!

3 Likes

18/6 or 24/0 an an auto will flower on it’s own.

1 Like

Incorrect, According to the law your allowed to have 4 per household.

1 Like

Makes a guy wonder what the highest possible yield per plant is :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

The master grower for a company I used to work for got 14lbs of usable cannabis off of one plant. Sky’s the limit!

2 Likes

14 lbs off one plant ? I imagine that plant was outdoor ? I can believe outdoor/greenhouse but for indoor the most flower ive seen come off an indoor plant was 1.2lbs dry. Outdoor avg for us is about 2600gr dry

it took alot of time, training and maintenance getting it that far

1 Like

I have clients who pull 3-5 per off indoor grows. 15’ ceilings, 20x 1k de gavitas. Takes me 2 days to run it all.

It’s all about the veg time.

3 Likes

That was definitely outdoor! And the effort required in the PNW to not have everything rot was equally impressive. The stuff of legends! Haha. 3-5 is not uncommon for indoor. Seen it more than a few times.

3 Likes

In my RDWC system, the largest plant I have ever harvested before was 1.6lbs off of a gorilla glue #4
The plant was 6’ wide and over 7’ tall. It was the only plant under the 1000 watt light. So yield wasn’t great, but at the time, I was stoked!

1 Like

I grow trees

9 Likes

Pfffft, how do we know you don’t just have tiny hands baby-man.

10 Likes

unless you have plant number restrictions the juice is not worth the squeeze when growing behemoth yield plants. in the same timeframe you could produce more salable flower with smaller plants and kicking them at 5 weeks

3 Likes

Lmao!!! That’s actually my 2 year old’s hand.

2 Likes

I without question agree. In Washington growing medical, definitely have a plant count restriction, but with a full veg system to feed my flower room im still pulling 2lbs a light average. And my god the media cost is under $100 a round. All things that make me very happy. But I’m with you, I’d rather do SOG on a week long veg.

These plants only vegged for 4 weeks. The growth from RDWC is just that intense.
This photo was 3 weeks into flower

2 Likes

So the long and short of it is…
My wanting to grow something slowly and and establish a nice long term relationship with my plant. Is going to be harder than actually just growing this stuff normally? :stuck_out_tongue: it’s almost like we haven’t been breeding for that

3 Likes

Seems like it. I think you could have a bonsai looking plant. But not a true bonsai

It’s really not hard! Well, not any harder than keeping any cannabis plant and healthy for any period of time. I have seen mother plants kept alive for a decade (though genetic descendants seemd to go down in quality with the age of the mother after a while).just keep it on at least 16/8 with it’s light cycle (healthier for the plant, minimizes grow to an extent, and is less on the pocketbook than 24 on).

Don’t let us discourage you! Your dream isn’t dead yet.

Edit: Good catch @Ficklepickle… I’m apparently tired and mathing is hard. Haha

2 Likes

16/6?

1 Like

Part of bonsai involves trimming the plant’s roots as well as the leaves. This is manageable if you want to put in the time that the care of this plant requires.

2 Likes