We made non-detect Delta-8 (KCA CoA Inside)

Hey All,

After a lot of research, experimentation and gnashing of teeth—we have successfully produced a D8-THC crude that completely non-detect D9-THC.

This was a joint effort of @chempistry and myself (and of course all our awesome employees) and I am not personally slanging this material as I’m not a verified slanger.

Please understand, we do not consider this a final product, and it has NOT been subjected to any downstream purification and is not intended as a ready-for-consumption product.

The purpose of these experiments was to prove that complete removal of D9-THC is possible—the chromatograph is provided here, @kcalabs indicated that the mass spec was left off the CoA, but that the sample has been passed through GCMS as well.

Anyways, here’s the CoA:

41 Likes

congrats congrats, purify with chromatography and your done.

7 Likes

I know someone’s gonna say it so I’ll be the bad guy.

Is this D8 crude? Does this still need distilling? Total cannabinoids are a bit low.

6 Likes

Thank you @Killa12345

As the initial post says this is, crude which still needs additional downstream purification (I.e. distillation, chromatography, etc)

This is NOT final product!

7 Likes

Sorry. I missed that. Eyes are tired.

1 Like

nice job!

Badass man!! and even if you increase that potency to 95+ you’ll still be at least below their LOQ and i’d bet below their LOD as well!

Awesome work, hows the repeatability and scalability on this process?

9 Likes

So far, our in-house GCMS and HPLC-DAD data is telling us it’s extremely repeatable and scalable.

As we scale it could become more difficult but it certainly does not seem impossible.

14 Likes

Awesome work man, congratulations!!

5 Likes

Loving the advancements, keep up the good work!!

3 Likes

Stoked to hear it!! and even more stoked your team figured it out!!

5 Likes

I’m curious if you have any worries about the product changing during distillation. Degradation and/or continued isomerization seems likely (in my head) when the product is subjected to high temps, under vacuum, while being distilled.

I’m also curious what the D8 crude smells like. Have you utilized any organoleptics and tasted it? I’m wondering if the crude could be usable as a final product.

Nicely done @TheGratefulPhil (and team)! Rad to see us still steadily moving forward!

8 Likes

Excited to see the distilled version!

3 Likes

Smells entirely neutral at this point, like a D9 distillate. I highly doubt it would revert back to D9–this crude is in a really stable energy state relative to a D8/D9 mixture.

More pictures to come, and when we’re ready to release for sale—a verified slanger Will post final product for sale along with results.

Jury’s out, but as far as I can tell this is a milestone to be celebrated for our team and for the D8 industry as a whole.

It’s possible to do things correctly.

19 Likes

I’m assuming this was created using catalytic conversion then?

Was any sulphur used in the making of this distillate?

Hats off if you figured out how to do it without stinky sulphur

:muscle::muscle::muscle:

I can show you tests where I turned d8 into d9 by accidently leaving catalyst in the flask and distilling

1 Like

I won’t really reveal any additional detail but there’s no sulphur in there—for sure.

8 Likes

Hey my buddy, my pal, what’s up bestie!

Friends and family discount?

Atleast we know you want disappear after receiving the Pegasus award.

7 Likes

Cheers! I’d pop open a nice lambic for this if I had one, it’s cause to celebrate.

Looking forward to seeing the product after distillation and the like, but then, I’m sure everyone here is.

4 Likes

Congrats bro! If you guys are thinking of process scale chromatography as a solution for cleanup please message me! I am a distributor for large scale HPLC columns that you can pack yourself, and I have a chromatography R&D lab with multiple machines running different stationary phases specifically for the purpose of exploratory purification method experiments.

Should be a much easier higher throughput cleanup than the delta-8/delta-9 separations I have been developing since you don’t have any delta-9 in the first place!

6 Likes

nice work Phil

1 Like