We have a new cool product: CBD maple sugar! Rare to see something no one else has

gonna have a market for it up north!

14 Likes

Also for @Future

8 Likes

Hemp would be more medicinal and all around better if we could just run cbd dominant strains like ACDC, Ringo gift…

3 Likes

How many of those particles are actually 1 micron, 0.0001%? Are you sure it’s actually your product rather than residue from the tool you’re grinding it with?

Micronizing CBD down to 1µm will not magically make it water soluble. It’ll stick to the sugar baggie, your teaspoon and the walls of your cup, and hardly any CBD will even make it into your mouth.

So you’re saying you racked your brains and came up with the absolutely genius idea of putting a micronized powder in a plastic lined baggie prone to electrostatic charge and THEN someone gave you their cash to burn on useless studies that sure as shit didn’t show any increase in bioavailability?

The kind of encapsulation you refer to is done by spray drying. Your process is unsuitable and will definitely not yield any increase in shelf life for CBD, let alone encapsulated CBD.

Additionally, if there was indeed any “encapsulation” of CBD by the sugar going on, that would be completely reversed by reducing the particle size via any known method.

If you’re actually doing what you claimed here, shelf life would be dramatically reduced through the massive increase of surface area available for oxidation. But that’s why you gotta use airtight, sealed (and probably even metalized) baggies, because your product is soo damn stable? Yeah, right.

Not that the antivaxxx soccer moms who buy this kind of resource wasting redundant crap would ever care, but it is quite obvious that none of your claims would hold up to scientific scrutiny in the real world.

• • •

If anybody needs REAL advice on how to make water soluble CBD (or any other pure cannabinoid or mixture, really) with actually increased shelf life, hit me up. I know my shit and can back it up.

Spoiler: It involves quite readily available carbohydrates and is a well-known and well-characterized process, widely used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food industries.

1 Like

I’m not sure what they’re getting right now for it, as I haven’t asked in a bit. It generally sells for a bit less, but because it is top shelf flower (that just happens to be nearly 40:1 and compliant hemp) and there generally isn’t much smokable CBD on the shelves, it sells fast and demand is high.

@Hansel, it is not 1:1 (although they have tried out different varieties) and it is 100% compliant. Usually tests 16-19% with around 0.2% THC. It is the company’s proprietary strain, and the only smell it has, funny enough, is straight cat piss. Feels like you dumped a bottle of ammonia in the room when it’s being trimmed.

3 Likes

My old cannatonic 4 cbd (huel perkins cut) was 22:1.

I ditched it 2 yrs back as isolate and distillate is super cheap vs growing it.

1 Like

Nice! Wouldn’t have expected that In the rec market…

1 Like

Putting cbd in a food product is still adulteration in the eyes of the fda.

A smarter idea, at least in regard to the law, would be to package your product in some sort of twin pack, where the food is separate from the cbd and the consumer is the one who mixes them together.

1 Like

All studies were performed by our partners that have a R&D facility in association with the CDC. Keyboard warrior all you want just giving you the results.

Multiple samples taken. Hence why the process is ducking awesome since no shit particle size doesn’t magically reduce.

Try to be a pessimistic fuck all you want but we share our data with all our licensees to back up all of our claims. It’s an awesome product for a reason. Since like you said yes typically spray drying is required for a lot of these results and typically super expensive machinery is required for a lot of these results.

As far as bioavailability well have not done a double blind blood sample analysis this was simply anecdotal comparisons of one 100mg product vs ours and noticeable differences In feeling and effect. Hence why I said we have “seen” not “tested and documented”

You are quite a salty guy this morning. Should take some cbd sugar it’ll help you calm down!’ :wink:

5 Likes

That’s exactly how we recommend to sell it. Since this profuct can considered a suppliment and other non food types. We also have a food handling license which is super unique to cbd and only available in Florida I believe so working on pushing back on the whole no cbd food.

2 Likes

Unknown kid who god knows what his credentials are Tries to shit on product (tries is the keyword here) and then attempts to plug in an add for his own services.

The entire community that knows me here knows I don’t make just random claims and throw up bullshit. Just reporting the results we got back from a handful of studies we paid for ourselves (since we don’t go suck up other people’s money on random promises and trumped up talk) and showing y’all something I think is cool. Your welcome to believe whatever you’d like to! Power to you boss.

5 Likes

Helps keep the nerves at ease with wooks

3 Likes

I am rooting for you, but I doubt you could get the FDA to say sugar is a supplement. Your state probably doesn’t care, though. I looked into the fed rules when I was trying to make cbd honey, and even though lots of people are doing it, no way is the fda going to say it is ok. Good luck, regardless.

https://www.fda.gov/food/information-consumers-using-dietary-supplements/questions-and-answers-dietary-supplements

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh definitely a fight that’s doomed.

I also find it hilarious that the only cbd processing license Florida has is a “food permit”

Just shows the ineptitude of the government and the fact all this would be solved if they just brought on 1 team of industry experts to give input

2 Likes

It allegedly helps with the uptake. We run syrup, running candy next year.

Powders are micronized by milling them, for the purpose of speeding up dissolution or improving dispersion, but the process is very expensive and thus mindblowingly stupid to do on a high volume product like SUGAR which is excellently water soluble by itself.
It’s physically impossible to get micron sized particles from crystallizing sugar, primarily due to Ostwald ripening.
Hence my doubts in your claims.

You surely mean “sceptic”, don’t you? I’m not trying.

No, it’s not - because it can’t even yield particles smaller than 20µm. Your claimed results are impossible to achieve with any known microencapsulation method.

Which goes to show — AGAIN — that you have no idea what you’re talking about. Analyses for bioavailability are never run blinded, let alone double blinded.

You know, in science, “anecdotal” means “invalid as grounds to base a statement on”, which you do anyways.

Of course you had the “feeling” your product was superior. Much like i have the feeling that your claims are bullshit. So it must be true, right?

Actually i’m very sweet, but i just prefer my sugar without bullshit.

Judging by your reaction, you were standing in the line of fire when that turd dropped.

But here you are doing just that, throwing around implausible claims about your amazing “achievements” without providing even the slightest piece of evidence to back them up.

And if that wasn’t enough already, you even make sure to discredit yourself as a human being by having to resort to attacking me personally and questioning my credentials (which are irrelevant) instead of countering my criticism of your product with actual, valid arguments.

Again, that’s exactly what you’re doing by overselling your glorified powdered sugar on bullshit claims.

Man up, wipe the snot from your face and admit that you got caught.

Which you yourself obviously could have made excellent use of. I’m gonna let you in on a few key pieces of advice i would have given:

1. Don’t “infuse” (probably the dumbest, most over- and misused term in the industry) CBD into whatever raw material you’re using. It serves no purpose.
    If you’re grinding up the sugar anyways, you can achieve the VERY SAME result by just grinding CBD and sugar together. That would have saved you time, money and energy, maximizing your profits even more.

2. Keep particle size as large as possible, this will decrease the surface area available for oxidation and give your product longer shelf life. It will also make product handling a lot easier, especially during packaging.

3. I said this before, but i’ll say it again: CBD does not magically become water soluble by reducing its particle size. If your goal is to make actual water soluble CBD, you’ll need to use a surfactant like lecithin or embed CBD in a water soluble carbohydrate carrier to form a clathrate.

4. Always keep in mind that your product will only sell as long as there is an abundance of undereducated clowns willing to shell out top dollar for literal glorified SUGAR if you just throw around enough buzz words.

It’s fine with me if you think that’s the absolute best you can do with your life.

However, just a little bit of extra effort in your research and a little more modesty concerning your product would have probably spared you from getting slapped around by some random dude. Imagine what a malicious competitor can do to you if you’re this vulnerable.

6 Likes

Sigh. Unfortunately with the popularity of future comes the unending wave of keyboard warriors.

Your right it’s all impossible and complete BS and our analytics lab was just incompetent and lied to us about all their results. Definitely more plausible then you being wrong.

I’m not posting up all of our results here. They’re released under NDA to our prospective partners. But again, everyone that we’ve begun that process with gets a in depth breakdown of each claim with the data to back it up.

So don’t particularly care what you think you know to what you don’t know. You can think and believe what you want cause “MURICA”.

But ya future reference I’d ask “how is XYZ Possible if to my understanding this is how the XYZ process works” instead of “YOUR WRONG IM RIGHT YOUR DUMB AND IM SMART!”

Your not getting any clients with that attitude, nor winning any friends or colleagues. I feel a little bad for you man. To be that angry at a random internet stranger can’t be healthy for the soul.

To everyone else! If your looking for some cool new THC products we are happy to show all of our results and talk about how we incorporate it into your market!

Happy Labor Day stay safe out there.

Don’t let the haters cough cough get you down. No major breakthroughs would have ever happened if you let people tell you “that won’t work!! That’s not how so and so happens”

3 Likes

I was gonna leave it for you to reply lol, straight ass attitude dude had “ YoU cAnT uSe sPrAy Tek oR tHe ‘iNfUsIoN’ wOrD”

How exciting, more irrelevant BS instead of bringing facts to the table. Just like that @ClearScience dude who DMed me a random CoA and a note about some really large (0.3mm) particles claiming that would disprove my arguments about bioavailability.

This isn’t a gunfight, but if you take it as one, please don’t bring a cucumber. Thanks.