Wax liquidizer??

Ok, new question please… I have been using wax liquidizer to turn my shatter into personal cartridges on the go. It always comes out real nice and yellow but within a few hrs or days the dark brown starts leeching out the little holes and changing the color of my oil. I’m using a sprk cart with a double ceramic wick that is supposed to be refilled but I don’t want to keep turning my carts black…I’ve read that using Terps will have the same effect breaking it down and wont turn as brown. What can I do or buy to keep my carts from browning up on me?? Still strong and tastes fine by the way

1 Like

Can be one of 2 things. Either you have crappy carts. Or ur shatter has fats In it.

Btw wax liquidizer is like peg or something. I wouldn’t use it

5 Likes

PEG just always does that. It turns black over time in your cart. The more PEG you use the darker it will be by the end

2 Likes

But has anyone tried using Terps instead of liquidizer to break there wax for carts?

Terps work fine…so does tasteless terps if your trying to taste the shatter. I’d prolly decarb my shatter first though

4 Likes

Ok great I actually have some I already decarbed. Can I ask why though? Is it just because it makes it runny? Because it definitely is already getting me high…lol

Lots of people I know uses cannabinoids (cbd distillate) and source terpenes only with shatter. Many Decarb shatter first but depends on the starting material and it will make the mix darker and you will lose terpenes decarbing the thc shatter

2 Likes

Yes, Decarb to lower the viscosity so you don’t have to add fuck knows what to reduce the viscosity

7 Likes

I just decarbed a gram and a half and yeah it got darker…lol not bad. Kinda deep amber. I used .5 of liquidizer. Deffintly better blend. Looking to order some good terpenes next to eliminate the liquidizer

always decarb

I decarb and use MCT oil to make my carts and they work great my friends love them.

0.5g of PEG to 1.5g concentrate… :flushed::mask: 33% is far too much. Ditch the wax liquidizer, and just fill your carts with straight decarbed extract.

4 Likes

Even with that mix the bubble bearly moves…and I mean bearly. Do you have a cart you recommend for oil that thick? I have a pckt one sprk cart right now

.5 ml

Bubbles mean zip. Stop with the ig Facebook fan club bs.

You dont need a bubble to move at all.

3 Likes

@Demontrich is right bubble movement means nothing.

Decarb , add terps to taste or don’t add any at all for ur shatter flavor. Load decarb oil into cart.

2.0mm x 4 ccell work great

2 Likes

Great I’ll try one of those

What cart do you recommend?

If you Decarb the shatter the original terpenes are lost you can try and seal the container

1 Like

That’s not completely true

I’ve decarb so much stuff lately. , Plenty of flavor left.

A bunch ur terps will be gone but the main base ones must form some kind bond an be stuck

I decarb raw oil that taste good all the time and load into vapes. Still has loud good flavor. Not plain smoke like disty AT ALL

Shatter will have the least taste but you’ll still taste it fine,esp if terpy good tasting shatter

Have you ever tried it?

2 Likes