Water solvent extracted distillate

So a vendor in dc is marketing “water solvent extracted distillate”. It kind of bugs me because isn’t it completely bogus marketing? Even if you start with bubble hash, wouldn’t you need some form of solvent to properly make distillate? I understand you can start with a dry sift or bubble material, but at some point a solvent is introduced correct? Are people really making distillate without solvents?

Whats even more laughable, the guy is selling nearly clear distillate. Its obviously seen a crc

You can absolutely distill solventless extracts without ever using solvents.

Probably not going to be the best hotdog water though.

Distillate by definition only means you distilled the cannabinoids from an oleoresins into a vapor and back into a resin again.

I would still bet this guy is just using terms and phrases for marketing and SEO

4 Likes

Just because it is extracted with water does not imply (to me) no solvents are used. I’m guessing they likely winterize, that or they are selling disty heavily contaminated with lipids, which I doubt as no one wants cloudy, fatty disty.

Seems like gimmicky marketing language utilizing buzzwords for increased effect.

4 Likes

That’s what I figured. I understand the distillation process, but it just didn’t make sense why someone would do that, like other comments said, it would make some very poor quality distillate.

I figured it was just bogus marketing. Even if they did start with water hash, this product saw some form of solvent, making the “water solvent extracted” part irrelevant and gimmicky

At elevated temperatures and pressures water has similar polarity as methanol. It can be used as a solvent, and if you change the pH it can dissolve almost anything (alkaline hydrolysis)
Not sure how trustworthy the info is but here’s an article

4 Likes