Water Soluble - Is Soluscience Still the Only Viable Group?

Story Time
Please show tell me there are better options.

About 9 Months ago I started looking for a vendor who could convert our CBD & minor isolates into water soluble liquids or powders to mix into a beverage.

I had some pretty high standards:
1+ year shelf life
Thermally stable in hot and cold situations including pasteurization.
Generally not tasting horrible.
2% concentration in water.
*High bioavailability. The groups we’ve talked to claim a 5-10 minute onset time with a 70-90% bioavailability.

I went from trying to do it ourselves to trying to pay people and it’s just a mess.

I ordered samples a few months ago, (only paid for the CBN) then had to wait for other ingredient vendors that were slowed by covid. In that time, they apparently completely redid their formula, so all of my bitter masking and flavor combination work was useless.

I then paid for samples of their new batch. Immediately compared it to the previous one and realized there was an orange tint in what was supposed to be clear. After gently raising the issue and asking if the coloration was something to worry about, they told me it should be fine. 10 days later, They said it was a bad batch and that they were moving on to yet another formulation.

At this point, i asked if they could send a sample of this new, correct formulation since I’d obviously paid for a bad batch. They said it would ship out the the following Monday- just a few days later.

It’s now been 29 days since I raised the issue. Every time I ask, they say they’re backed up with sample requests and will get to it. I’m pretty mad that I paid for something, haven’t received the functioning thing and continue to be delayed by them. When I’m about to throw Tens of Thousands of dollars at just an initial product volume, I’d expect better turnaround than what I’m getting.

So if you have any other vendors worth exploring, please let me know. Trying to get final product out by Jan 1 but it’s looking rough rn.

3 Likes

20 percent concentration in water?

2% my bad. Thanks.

Okay, thank god lol that makes more sense. I’m picturing a few ounces of CBD isolate in a 500ML Poland Spring sized bottle and thinking about how toxic the amount of surfactants you’d need for that.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :cowboy_hat_face:

Mmmmm CBD popcorn. Coming to AMC & Regal 2021

1 Like

Butter infused and no R&D needed.

2 Likes

hit my line

1 Like

You got that kettle corn that got that extra pop?

2 Likes