Water Soluble CBD Isolate

I’d have to agree…just find a proper HLB value surfactant/emulsifier and you’re ready to rock with nothing but an overhead stir motor or a magnetic stir plate with some heat.

Yeah but how much surfactant do you have to use? I’d do anything to avoid direct sonication!

1 Like

That’s where a little experience and experimenting comes into play, even surfactants and emulsifiers with similar HLB values aren’t created equal.

I’ve successfully made stable emulsions in a day, others have taken 100 prototypes of varying ratios and concentrations.

This is where it helps to have a chemist on board with some level of formulation experience.

1 Like

1-s2.0-S0378517317309766-main.pdf (1.5 MB)

Edit: in this paper and others I have read about low energy nanoemulsification methods, the oil loading is very low. For example, for the SOR of 0.8 and water at 95.3% by mass, the highest oil loading was about 9 mg/mL. Has anyone found a paper or have a resource/experience that demonstrates higher oil loading emulsions with sub 200nm particles formed using low energy methods?

3 Likes

would this be for a liquid form or powder? Does the cholic acid put off a horrendous flavor or was it easily maskable.

That link isn’t working for me unfortunately.

1 Like

Posted this on a few other related threads.

4 Likes

there is many ways to create a water soluble cbd product. the big questions to ask are?
Cloudy? Clear?
Ability to Sterile Filter?
Shelf Life?
Stability with other ingredients?

We spent about 2 months working with two different consultants, one being a pharma guy and other a edible oil guy. We approached and tested many methods using many machines. We have found 2 methods we think are best and are using them now. We have about 45-50 days stability so far and very excited with our results. My suggestion to others is to try many options and find what you think works best for the desired result you are wanting.

1 Like

Wow, ok, this time I swear it’s the right one haha
The description section is where the details are

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for this!

1 Like

I fuckin got you buddy!! I’m linked in with the original creator of water soluable cbd isolate, in oregon, and he crushes everyone else rates!! Hmu bro:)
Adam Bendell
Director Of Operations
Ag Advisors Intl, LLC
emeraldzenith95@gmail.com
707-510-7785

Best to get hooked up with the original creator of CBD slanger verification on this site before spamming for sales

6 Likes

Wish the term water soluble CBD Isolate would go away. Emulsions and Liposomal encapsulation are suspensions. Any real changes to the molecule that would allow it to dissolve in water would also make it no longer CBD.

Also, concerning hydrophilicity. Most drug designs try to decrease hydrophilicity(less polar) and increase lipophilicity(more nonpolar) to increase ability to cross the Blood Brain Barrier.

Designs that seek to increase water solubility are main used as injectables to inject things not possible with just water. They create milky suspensions similar to what’s being made with CBD for substances like Glutathione, steroids, and Propofol. Sometimes they are used for intranasally dosed substances.

Seeing as THC and CBD are very lipophilic already and have no issues crossing blood brain barrier, wouldn’t increasing hydrophilicity actually decrease effect?

People then say it’s about rate of absorption and onset. I’ve personally found nano to take longer to take effect but even without that anectdote, Why not just smoke it or use rectally if you need immediate onset. Other then seizures and a few other real medical applications, I can’t see the real benefit. Especially when in practice onset actually seems to be longer

7 Likes

boofing is always the answer.

6 Likes

Most companies that offer water-soluble CBD use nano-tech to make it such, CBD Hemp Experts claims that they don’t use nano-tech to produce their water-soluble CBD. Does anyone have any experience working with CBD Hemp Experts or know anything about their means of production? Is nano-tech the best way to produce CBD that is water-soluble?

oh man, i was joking (mostly) but that was a good read. I know very little about formulating snuff, just assumed that making it hydrophillic would allow it to more readily pass through the mucosa, but it seems like it would be less likely to cross the bbb. that said, I’m really not all that interested in making canna snuff, and learned through research of this that people are using snortable oxytocin (not oxycotin) therapeutically for all sorts of things, and thats basically the feel good drug our bodies already make… for that matter why have I never seen anandamide irl???

1 Like

Anyone wanna weigh in on if this process?

Was going back and reading old patents and papers in my saved files and found it- reads almost like you could replace the boswellia with cannabis word for word

I was doing this with boswellia extracts before I got into cannabis but have about 1000x more experience and knowledge now so I may attempt this again in the very near future once the lab is up and humming again.

There are many users on this forum who can offer the same thing but they read the rules and went through the verification process.

3 Likes

kind of seems like a misnomer to call it water soluble ISOLATE considering you’re going to be adding emulsifiers and such. It will no longer be an isolate at that point…can’t you just call it water soluble CBD instead?

1 Like