Water Hash Degregation over time

I work with an edible company where decarboxylated water hash is used for our chocolate edibles. We have found multiple occasions where the amount of thc(mg) added via lab analysis is actually less than the amount added when calculated for mg of thc. I’m wondering if there’s any info out there on Water Hash Degregation over time. Obviously degregation is possible at high temps but the hash is kept in a 38 F freezer when not being used. Interested in any info of concentrates stored over time at various temps n what not.

3 Likes

Are you decarbing before analysis and storage?

Have you looked at homogeneity?

Kief seems like it might be more susceptible to uneven distribution (sinking) that distillate or crude.

We decarb and then get a new analysis. Just recently sent some samples that we had previously tested to see about degregation. Homogeneity may be the issue though, we’ve dialed it in somewhat but still see a range on our lab samples for the water hash.

We’ve been trying to figure out the best way to mix it, it being 5 kilos of brownie batter-texture hash. A larger mixer only moved the clumps while mixing by hand seemed to work but is time extensive.

maybe try screaming at it? (ultra sonics)

or a high shear homogenizer

edit:

Einstein told us that time dilation happens near the speed of light. who’d a thunk it could be achieved by hand mixing :wink:

1 Like

Had recently looked into these homogenizers actually, I definitely think I would be the ideal tool for when mixing the hash into the chocolate; however we’re not able to use the amounts of ethanol needed to homogenize 5K of hash by itself.

Do you add any oil to your chocolate?

2 Likes