Water clear terps without crc

I see some cool kids here showing pics of water terps and saying it hasn’t been pushed through powders.

They have eluded to it being a fraction.

Was the material put into a CO2 machine first to remove terps?

Was the ht put into a spd?

We’re the terps extracted in another method first?

I want to try some stuff but don’t feel like badgering people over their tek.

Let’s start a discussion on it and level up together.

Butane or bust

Something that comes to mind is when i would open blast, the first drop that comes out is clear.

Also I have made clear extracts open blasting in the past. Twice. One was a 2800 dollar pound of Northern lights that I had sitting on dry ice. The other was a whole plant extract called Tardis. The material was dry. Maybe a few days since being chopped. I flash froze and broke up the buds on dry ice.

If you actually do any reading you would know that @j12 runs cold (dry ice) , he runs fast (no soak similar to open blast) and he runs n butane

6 Likes
2 Likes

10.7.2 CRC Murphy Murri style - GrayWolf's Lair one thing that caught my eye in GW’s write up of Murphy’s class was the fractional pour off of terps.

I keep wanting to try for myself but just haven’t done it yet.

2 Likes

@J12 has also stated he loads powders directly in the material column, technically not crc. I suspect he’s doing it shake n bake style.

1 Like

my other open blast memoir would include my post processing cold crash.

I would put my solution of butane and oil on dry ice for sometimes up to 24 hours. The terps will clarify a lot. All the green will crash to the heavy phase. I wonder if we can do the initial crash and separation to yield a fat free, thc free terp fraction and follow it up with a second cold crash. During this second cold crash, I wonder if ther may be a gradient of color in the solution. Maybe we can siphon the clear off the top

@Midnightoil get your turkey baster out its shake and bake time

4 Likes

they have eluded that it has been eluted :laughing: :rofl:

I think its alluded idk I get what you’re saying lol

3 Likes

Its definitely a CRC. It’s just at the bottom of the material column. It’s the old school CRC set up from the beginning…

4 Likes

It’s not CRC. It’s actually very easy to make water clear terps and you can make it out of just about any extract that has a significant amount of terpenes present. You need an SPD with a good vacuum pump and a terpene condensing coil over a collection flask for this process:

Place extract in boiling flask
Heat Boiling flask mantle to 85F
Chill terpene condensing coil to as cold as possible, preferably -20C or colder. The colder you get it the less you lose into your vacuum pump

It’s literally that easy. These terps are lightyears better than CO2 terps, steam distilled terps, or essentially any other method of terpene isolation.

You will obviously get significantly higher yield from material made from fresh frozen product and extracted cold, but you can pull something from just about any extract that has a good amount of terpenes.

-Butane

9 Likes

This is the best I’m seeing nowadays, simple and effective for volatiles. Some guys barely even using heat at all and just use more vac.

1 Like

It’s funny because everyone and their uncle has a -40 or -80 chiller for cryo alcohol extraction but few people run them on their stills. No heat, no problem. It doesn’t really take that much vacuum to cold boil most terps but you have to a have a condenser 30-50C below the boiling flask temp to catch them well

4 Likes

I use two collection pots on my closed loop, first squirt is a nice dewaxed and crc portion second squirt is all crude material.

5 Likes