Water circulation vac pump for bho

You’re also gonna want one of these. They used to be 50$ flat…

I’m pretty sure you can find a way to adapt the outlet into a kf fitting so you can use full bore filters… You can do a Google search for the 12 cfm 2 stage vacuum pumps and it’s cheaper than the 7cfms and the 9’s

My posting on this thread is done my spoons are dropped all over the floor :grin::octopus::v:t3:

Two stage pumps can back flow just the same that has absolutely nothing to do with it. What spoons? You say things you don’t have real world experience in and then come off as a lab and give people advice that could cost them alot or possibly hurt someone. @GroovyOctopusLabs

2 Likes

Less of a chance of back flow than single stage.

I have experience purging slabs of shatter. I have experience with closed loop. Not with a nitrogen setup or compression fittings or something that’s meant for anything over a one lb run and I don’t do anything for money.

I was just trying to help someone who asked a question. And in my experience a single stage is garbage and backflows about a solid half of the time if you don’t turn off the pump a certain way. And from my experience It’s easier to rely on a two stage that has WAY LESS of a chance of back flow.

Two stages are also deeper in vac.

I get it I’m canceled but I’m still going to try to help the best I can because I love this community.

Shit man the first vacuum chamber I owned got backfilled with oil from the shitty green 3cfm single stage so many times I said fuck this shit I’m going two stage and got a second chamber and I haven’t dealt with a back flow ever since.

Smart Ass : Then again that was in 2013… So maybe single stages have changed and they’re not complete shit.

Don’t you always close the valve, loosen the vacuum fitting, then turn the pump off?

That’s what I do anyways to prevent oil sucking out of my pump.

4 Likes

Yeah but why have to deal with that? Maybe I’m just lazy…

Any oil pump will back flow if not shut off correctly, 2 stage is like overdrive for a car it goes deeper thats the only difference. You shut off your 2 stage pump with the oven fully vac’d and the valve still open it will suck oil out exactly the same as a single stage pump.

5 Likes

:popcorn: lol

I didn’t know that. Goes to show how long it’s been since I’ve fucked up with my vacuum pump… The last time I made that mistake was with a single stage and just always assumed 2 stages can’t back flow ever since :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:t2::octopus:

My bad on that one.

Man It is weak, not powerful enough for your oven. A oil pump or a diaphragm pump is better.

Any input on this? Im sure im over complicating this just want to get it right the first time so im not upgrading in 6 months. Ive made that mistake more times than id like to admit. Noise is somewhat of a concern for my setup.

It is for bho I think I failed to mention that. Ive searched over and over and over so I apologize if this info is out there.

tell us why you picked this one.
give us all your reasons.

what does 680mmHg mean to you?

1 Like

Literally the rotary vane I posted is good enough. More than good enough.

Buy this. I used this exact pump for a long time. Just know that no matter what you need shut your pump down the right way. Don’t listen to groovy

1 Like

At that price you’re better off a 12cfm.

Not everything good is cheap
Not everything cheap is good

1 Like

I already admitted I was wrong about two stage canceling back flow.

Don’t listen to me saying go for a rotary vane two stage…

And then literally give the same exact advice I gave… Nice one :+1:t2:

I’m talking about you’re advice that a two stage pump won’t suck oil back into a vessel. Which is complete and utter bull shit. You following that?

Yes I posted a rotary vane pump that won’t do that, but I treat every pump like an oil pump because I’m neurotic and it’s a good practice to maintain.

5 Likes

yes. it also makes pressure. so this a a decent pump for moving ethanol around using either positive or negative pressure. at least at a small scale.

very little utility for your current requirements.

2 Likes