Water cavitation extractors

I’m getting my head wrapped around this new tech, super interested to see if anyone has any hands on experience with these systems- I have been told that it produces a very similar crude oil to Co2 extractors and has very large throughput potential.

has anyone here actually laid eyes on a final product?

The use of ultrasonic extraction equipment can be useful in a wide variety of the processes we already do, so that’s the best place to start. For instance, utilizing it during qwet extraction, simply for agitation purposes, can be extremely beneficial to the overall efficiency of the solvent.

I’ll have to dig it up, but I read a white paper a few years back that was working with algae ethanol extraction, and found that oscillating between two specific frequencies at a set interval had the best results. I would imagine that would be true as well in our situation.

I’m not specifically aware of ‘water’ cavitation. Is this a quick cold wash at a specific Ph utilizing ultrasonic cavitation or something?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwijluHTjLHjAhXkjlQKHdX8DtQQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aliexpress.com%2Fitem%2Fherbal-extract-ultrasonic-extraction-machine%2F1575399680.html&psig=AOvVaw1VC-IWEFNlM8RvDr7dh1TA&ust=1563079701236920

nope, running a slurry through a spinning disc reactor to induce cavitation- no ultrasonic probe involved.

its quite a neat, still digging, I’ll unearth the core of the matter in due time

4 Likes

But it would still require a typical nonpolar solvent as it’s still just a reactor. As stated in the video, cavitation causes high shear but it’s not going to extract cannabinoids into water effectively without a surfactant or high ph like normal.

2 Likes

Could it just be a fancy garbage disposal?

3 Likes

If you run hot enough water and agitation it should melt the oils off rosin style

1 Like

https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/2X/5/5a7704bb8ce02771b0e2166daa252f7e05ac0569.jpeg

This is a extraction facility sonicated water as the solvent we turned it inside out And did a massive amount of lab testing at different frequencies and solvent ratios of alcohols with water
Non of the results were close to satisfying
I have let somication rest for a while now but ok

3 Likes

You are piquing my interest. What frequencies did you use?

From 20 till 65 if I remember well

1 Like

We have done extraction of hemp using cavitation… works well

1 Like

How much post processing was required to remove undesirables?

Any pictures and test results on the product?

I’d be curious to see photos and a COA as well.

What does works well mean? How did you separate the water later?

Please more info!

More!

Ph 13 ? Water

1 Like

11? Not good enough eh?

I did cavitation extraction for years using etoh. Works great. We never had a spinner - biggest barrier was just solvent removal from biomass.

I have a lot of info on U/S extraction. Water/oil separation was always a pretty big sticking point for us. We just used etoh - worked easily.

It should be easy, right? The oil will just settle out into a top layer (perhaps expedited by centrifuge)?