Water aspiratoring puking water through vac lines into roto?

My 80L Water aspirator pukes water back into ROTO after i turn it off, I check to make sure vac lines were connected to right barb ports on condenser. Its fine when its running then once i turn it off it like reverse vac water into it until I break the line. It’s like back pressure once I turn it off so weird

Never had a problem on my 2L roto. Now on a 5L, what could be causing this?

1 Like

you have a bigger volume of nothing…so it will require more stuff (in this case water pulled from your aspirator) to fill that void.

yep…that is what you would expect. you’ve got a vacuum. and water to fill it with. you apparently find it abhorrent. tell has it that nature has similar feelings :wink:

break the line FIRST.

not weird AT ALL. is exactly the expected behavior. unless you have a check valve in there to prevent it.

12 Likes

Yeah pressure differentials are enough to move water around.

4 Likes

Wow, well if I didn’t go Chinese on my chiller I might not even have to use this aspirator. I’m getting real tired of buying Pounds of ice… thought those days were over.

Cyclopath always appreciate the advice and how you break down stuff! Don’t know what I’d do without you OG processors. It is starting to work now appreciate it again!

6 Likes

Get a water chiller for hydro and hook it up to your aspirator pump, if you don’t nt wanna run a chiller

4 Likes

Hi,
You need to valve off the vac line before turning the water flow off, it will suck back.

6 Likes

@cyclopath is the truest of ogs. Indeed.

4 Likes

Outlet just trippped when I was away. Water filled the roto gotta love it … havea Welch 2051 on the way…

Im runing into the same problem… Have a 3d printed version in the local library.Turned out excellent 50mbar on a 3bar vater pressure…

I have a valve I stalled between the hoses so I can cathch it if iy goes rouge on me…

But I love the ingeniousnes,and the safety from fumes it provides…and of course economicaly… AA 40w 12DC runs the thing nicely…

But aspirators vary much? Mind showing wich you have in place? And how much it pulls?

Here ya go, just find the right size for your lines. Will prevent backflow even if the breaker pops.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=vacuum+one+way+valve&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

4 Likes

Lovely…

1 Like

put a check valve on the thing, if you loose power the valve will automatically “check”.

5 Likes

How can I link this to my aspiratoe thread?
An computer illiterate here beside word and excel… :((

1 Like

Use this button.

Check it out: 3D printed DIY water aspirator pump

1 Like

That thread was made by @GrzA

1 Like

yep.

saw that you pointed out the fish-hook already… :wink:

1 Like

Muito obrigado!

Tnx for the tip… . I thought imma have to use "Quote"my hole life,and slowly progress into depresion over the year spent here

1 Like

that is normal, sometimes that happens to me too, the only way is that you do not turn off the vacuum pump and then open the valves, it recommends you first open the valves and that the vacuum decreases little by little until you no longer have much empty and then turn off the pump, what happens is that the water is replenished, it is normal.

Pump always turns off last. Do you have an isolation valve somewhere?