Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek

How do you make a drain on the barrels?

Whats your soak time ?
I run 2x100 gallons cryo soak 3 min each wash 60kg per hour
3 men on deck

5 Likes

I’m soaking around 30 minutes at -50 to -60 lately. I also do a second soak for 30 minutes at -40 to -50 on nicer material. Seems to still keep all of my product coming out gold.

4 Likes

No drain. Just a hose and a diaphragm pump.

2 Likes

Just ordered a panda. Wondering if people are rewiring their pandas to bypass the lid switch Or just plugging it into a timer/switch. Don’t wanna asplode

Once u get it, it will be simple. When u turn it on, hold It on the sides until it equals out, then wait for the beeps. Hold it and turn it off. I like running my stuff thru two cycles

5 Likes

my first thought is why no one put a power switch on it like 50 cents lol

1 Like

The Panda will beep? I don’t think I’ve ever run mine a full cycle if that’s the case. I just turn it off when it stops dripping.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all

Hey, what are the name of the bags you were using with the Panda? Looking into the same setup & trying to find the right bags to fit it

Was wondering what type of pump you used to move the crude oil

I keep destroying Pandas because I’m dumping my bags into it after a soak at -45C. Seems the plastic bits become brittle at those temps and leaks develop. Anyone find a way around this?

200 lbs of cryo cold thru 1x panda, still spinnin’ strong

1 Like

Then I guess I’m getting crap Pandas??

Anyway, there’s a new player in ghetto spinners - the Ninja. $155 on Amazon and it’ll be here today. More to follow.

2 Likes

155 is what pandas cost, or cheaper.

What’s the issue with yours

A panda with a @RockSteady spout and a modded lid is where it’s at

1 Like

I looked up the ninja, it looks slighty smaller than the panda and more plastic, which we’ve seen turns very brittle. It might work, not sure it will contend with the panda.

The Ninja has arrived and spins with the best of 'em. At least initially. Some details–
Ninja has:
1/2" taller drum (stainless)
1/4" wider mouth with smoother lip.
1/4" narrower drum diameter
Same rpm.

Amazon price on Pandas is 172ish iirc

So far, it’s a tad easier pulling the bags out and less likely to tear them.

Stop shopping on amazon!

There are many of us who have links to pandas for cheaper. Iirc, I paid 139@ with free ship.

1 Like

That’s a decent deal but Pandas keep dumping their contents on me so my brand loyalty is waning with Panda. Time will tell how the Ninja holds up and I’ll pass my findings along. It’s just one more option for us.