Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek

I am definitely looking for something on the smaller end to get started. My lab has been running 100grams in coconut oil at a time, and we want to switch to ethanol extraction. So we are looking for the most logical way to transition. I was planning on running 1-5lbs at a time. My company’s main focus is processing hemp products but we want to be vertical. 5lb will turn into 500 salves. I can imagine we would need to be making more oil than that at once currently. Though we do want a roadmap for scaling.

They don’t break when they get cold?

I believe HDPE is rated to -40C and that’s as cold I need my runs.

1-5lbs?

Yeah, you don’t need to be looking at fuges that will do 30-100lbs

Maybe check this thread?

Hint: the spinzall is not the solution

1 Like

The deep ali! Thank You so much.
I just contacted them, hopefully this will come in at the right price range!

1 Like

@ajonesy777: my guess is less than $5k

please update with a price in the spinzall thread so others in your situation may also benefit.

Edit: @blackie has done just that…THANKS!

those are NOT prices on the spinzall.

2 Likes

How do you make a drain on the barrels?

Whats your soak time ?
I run 2x100 gallons cryo soak 3 min each wash 60kg per hour
3 men on deck

5 Likes

I’m soaking around 30 minutes at -50 to -60 lately. I also do a second soak for 30 minutes at -40 to -50 on nicer material. Seems to still keep all of my product coming out gold.

4 Likes

No drain. Just a hose and a diaphragm pump.

2 Likes

Just ordered a panda. Wondering if people are rewiring their pandas to bypass the lid switch Or just plugging it into a timer/switch. Don’t wanna asplode

Once u get it, it will be simple. When u turn it on, hold It on the sides until it equals out, then wait for the beeps. Hold it and turn it off. I like running my stuff thru two cycles

5 Likes

my first thought is why no one put a power switch on it like 50 cents lol

1 Like

The Panda will beep? I don’t think I’ve ever run mine a full cycle if that’s the case. I just turn it off when it stops dripping.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all

Hey, what are the name of the bags you were using with the Panda? Looking into the same setup & trying to find the right bags to fit it

Was wondering what type of pump you used to move the crude oil

I keep destroying Pandas because I’m dumping my bags into it after a soak at -45C. Seems the plastic bits become brittle at those temps and leaks develop. Anyone find a way around this?

200 lbs of cryo cold thru 1x panda, still spinnin’ strong

1 Like

Then I guess I’m getting crap Pandas??

Anyway, there’s a new player in ghetto spinners - the Ninja. $155 on Amazon and it’ll be here today. More to follow.

2 Likes