Want to buy consultation for help with mixing bdt and cdts

Looking to pay for some help from anyone that is very experienced in working with flavored terps as well as cdts/hdts to make custom blends… currently we keep a few CDTs in our vape lineup but most of what we use are BDTs as the market demands this.

Im trying to get some insight on the absolute best company to use for in your face flavoring(with the largest variety, already use some abstrax and true) but im also intrested in making some custom blends either mainly fruit forward with added cdt/hdts or vice versa… ive done some sample testing on my own but cant seem to quite nail it down, i know alot of brands are currently doing this to have unique products. Pretty much im just looking for a consultation with help on the best type of ratios to mix bdts with cdts/hdts depending on if i want it bdt forward of cdt forward, trying to spend as little time doing R&D as possible so if anyone can help me out please dm or reply $$

Depending on profile loudness of terps, 7-13% ratio. Mix into warm disty not hot use a sheer mixer.

That’ll be free.

5 Likes

I got a guy that does precisely this. He has blends for every major bdt manufacturer, hemp manufacturer and most of the canna terp guys.

Make sure you include “Formulation” in the message

3 Likes

Cheebachiefextracts said it best. It is as easy as that to dial in your formulations. Play with those percents and see what will work best for what you’re looking to accomplish. The native and cloud burst series will be your best bet for BDT’s. If you need live terps let me know and I can get you preferred pricing for orders with BDT & HDT.

We recently merged with Abstrax as their live HDT supplier. On the website they have mixing guides for blending BDT & HDT’s. Hope this is helpful. Happy New Year weekend.

1 Like

If you have to pay someone for the info then the info isn’t worth any money. This is a really easy process. I can help you for free at no charge just send dm

@PharmExOregon all day.

Lol if someone is going to charge you money to tell you what ratios to mix and how your getting ripped off.

If you have a note pad, some vials and some vapes you could dial in your preferred ratios w/o getting bullshit*tted and pissing away a bunch of money. And you’ll be intimate and familiar w the process and what not.

I think a big reason it seems the market craves non cannabis derived terps is b/c ppl not mixing cdt right…

When a good cdt is mixed well vs a non cannabis terp blend …who’s chosing synthetic strawberry creamcicle over strawberry diesel ?

So much deception in the terpene space. Scammers “coined” the term “botanical” which means from plants but scammers stole the word to deceive ignorant consumers.

They make some garbage cannabis replica terp profile and call it “sour diesel”…tastes and smells NOTHING like cannabis at all.

It’s nucking futs. If replica terp companies told they’re customers “no these do not come from cannabis …we use cannabis strain names to rip you off” they wouldn’t be in business.

S/o to all the “botanical” terp companies :smirk:

The terpene equivalent of a flavor chemist is going to make a better formulation than the guy in a basement all day. If it gets you a leg up on the competition it’s worth paying for

4 Likes

How to connect with you? I would like to know more about the terpene formulation using Botanical Derived Terpenes for cartridges.

Its mostly doing r&d figuring out what tastes best for you. What kind of oil? Try 4-6%. You can feel it in your throat if its too much. Try and make it as smooth as possible without diluting the taste.

I am having Terpene Isolates like Myrcene, Limonene, Linalool, Alpha & Beta Pinene, Valencene and 25 to 30 more.
I am looking for terpene profile formulation using the Isolates.

I want to mix it with full spectrum distillate.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use that myrcene. That compound will oxidize the fuck out of your oils and is very harsh to the respiratory functions. I know this personally from my days of “doing stupid shit for science

1 Like

Best bet would be to try and mimic some popular strains. A little goes a long way with those. I wasn’t a fan of the isolates. Always too floral and harsh. I would’ve went with flavors. They are easier to work with.

How can I mimic the strains using the terpenes I have?

Short answer is its not likely going to happen with the few terpenes you have.

longer answer would be look at some coas of the strains in extract form that you are trying to match and look at how much of each terpene they have and copy that. most extracts have a LOT and to complicate things more its not just the terpenes that give the extract flavor.
for example here is a coa of an extract.

6 Likes

Analytics and R&D…

You might be able to leverage the analytics of others, or you might quickly realize that most published “terpene profiles” contain only a subset of the required information.

1 Like

Formulate a few batches and play with the ratios and blends to achieve what taste and aroma profile your looking for. 6-8% straight terp cut for a BDT should suffice depending on the quality of the terp and distillate. If you have poor quality starting materials, you are doomed for a cart regardless. Not all terps even botanicals are created equal. Most botanical terps in the market are caca sourced from non cannabis plants. Hence why you pay $1-2 +/- per gram/ml for a BDT. Some suppliers have done better jobs than others when it comes to botanicals. Pick your suppliers wisely.