Wanna see a B(arn)HO lab from the good old days? +my own tips and tricks list+shameless plug

I couldn’t agree with you more, I’m the same way better with animals than people

10 Likes

I was just driving listening to that hard drive of dead shows you gifted me. At the risk of sounding cheesy… ‘real recognize real’

8 Likes

For the record, I’m biased about this dude @BHarris. He basically mentored me, blessed me on tons of American gear for amazing prices and gave me a bunch more. He’s the first person I call when I have a questions and Iv never had a problem he didn’t help me solve. In an industry full of snakes he’s been a friend I can trust. I wouldn’t be half of what I am now without his help.

I’ve been trying to figure out a good bulk trim mixing solution for a while. Can you tell me more about the silo approach you took? I’d love to see Pictures or drawings if you got em!

14 Likes

I’m also super interested in your nitro production system if you can elaborate. How much did it cost? My body would thank you if I could stop rolling and lifting tanks lol

5 Likes

digging through my cracked old iphone now. I’ll do a drawing in the interim.

1 Like

My body would thank you, too!
I saw the pics of the n2 generator!
Does it do ln2 as well? Someone was showing me shit on YouTube about making ln2! Super interested
(Making compressed nitrogen would do me good too, I gotta go get a tank right now

so the on site nitrogen production systems are sort of specced to the individual usage of the facility for the time being. Once we have enough data as to average needs, we’re gonna offer an actual package you can buy, but we’re not quite there yet.
-Costs ranging from $15-25k depending on production/usage per hour, storage capacity, etc… All the systems can produce nitrogen anywhere from 95-99.9% pure.
-However As you get closer to the 100% mark, the production rates drop… similar to how it is harder for your vac pump to pull that last couple degrees than it is to get to -25.
-max output pressure is also a key figure when speccing/pricing a unit.
-The systems require a serious air compressor typically. 5-7k of that price above is usually the compressor.

If you go to https://abhoutit.com/n2/ there is an roi calculator to help you see how long it takes to justify the purchase depending on your facility’s usage… I’m gonna expand on it a bit to build in the hidden costs for a lot of smaller operations… i.e. gas, man hours, etc to go get the nitrogen and transport it to your site.

4 Likes

Did you produce your own dry ice as well?

1 Like

no, never made it that far. I did however once buy this gadget… thinking it would solve all my problems… Temperature Safe Shipping and Transportation Packaging | Polar Tech Industries, Inc. AZ2 Snow Cone Dry Ice Snow Maker - Direct Mount | AZ2 | Polar Tech Industries

but it turned out to sporadically shoot some snowy dry ice out and was a total waste of several hundred dollars.

1 Like

doesn’t do ln2… very different set of specs to deal with that level of pressure/temp. nitrogen can be produced on a smaller scale in a cost effective manner, but I have a feeling producing ln2 is a process that only makes sense on a fairly large scale.

2 Likes

could have gone other ways…

1 Like

For sure. Much worse ones.

I’ve seen people do diy LN2 generators that work by just compressing and condensing atmospheric air with a glorified cold finger. Very small scale
Though. Like a few mls per day.

1 Like

I saw a video on YouTube someone showed me and they used a cryopump, whatever that is, and they made like a liter, from the air

Just like it sounds. It compresses air against a chiller coil. Trace the curve to get to the liquid state.

What did you use to heat the baking rack to off gas ahead of time?

Just simple rooting mats w/temp controllers… similar to these: https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwikm5i5g4v3AhWfgFAGHXWeC-cYABANGgJkZw&ae=2&sig=AOD64_0ecx36gc3kHnOsscMR0vt1Ozv0qA&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwijhpG5g4v3AhVSecAKHZ9GBgoQwg96BAgBEAs&dct=1&adurl=

Duct taped all the wiring on the baxk with enough play so each baking sheet could be pulled out of the rack enough to put our boats(not sure what other people call their twisted parchment receptacles) on easily…

Then just taped rhe duct tape edges down. Also taped off the temp controllers seams and wire connection points.

These steps were prob overkill… but better safe than sorry.
Last… we had a surge protector for all the plugs attached to the top of the rack(butane heavier rhan air etc etc)with one of theplastic rack covers cut in a way that any vapor would have had to travel outside the rack and up and over the plastic to contact the surge protector

4 Likes

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. This is the stuff dreams are made of for me. I consider myself an extremely young person in this field and am grateful for the OG’s like you who came long before us helping pave the way, and sharing your knowledge at the same time. During a time period where this stuff was, and still is looked at as the same level as Meth Labs depending on your county- people just don’t fucking get it. Having the few relationships I was able to forge prior to this site are ones I hold dear to me. Meeting people who really lived that life always had the realest tips. It’s people like you who are the true shoulders that the younger generation such as myself get to stand on. I am excited to see more from your brand pop up in the future, I will definitely be following.

8 Likes

Once i’m done crying… i’ll respond.

jk.

but thanks man. that was nice. I’m about 40 now. and I remember always thinking that the dudes I copped off in my early 20’s, that were in their 30’s already… had it so good. Owned land. started growing when weed was 3500 a pound in Cali. Easily migrated into licensed ventures with time.

Compared to them, I started at a disadvantage. The generations younger than me… are starting at a similar disadvantage. I’m gonna dm you. Those older cats took me under their wing and I already have a couple young guns that I try and reciprocate with. thinking of you @Kaieul… hmu via dm with any questions that will help minimize that disadvantage.

13 Likes

Really is starting from a disadvantage now compared to back in those days. Glad i was there to see the beginning of the whole extraction industry and where it is now compared how sneaky and hush hush it was with the massive off grid set ups like that.

8 Likes