Virginia mom charged with murder after 4-year-old eats THC gummies

That is sad news, the mother should have acted when she saw the child in distress.

On the other hand did you read that tomy Chong cbd advertisement that was disguised as an article? He was talking about main lining cbd or some crazy shit.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/271536651_Introduction_to_Dynamic_Spin_Chemistry_Magnetic_Field_Effects_on_Chemical_and_Biochemical_Reactions

I’m more talking about not isomerization but total synthesis. Conversions are technically semi synthetic. Pharmaceutical companies can’t patent a molecule unless they make it from scratch.

3 Likes

Looks like this may have been D8 as well.

2 Likes

That’s the same story as the original post, someone reached out to the police to clarify that it was Delta 8 since the first one was published

1 Like

Love to see the actual tox screen report

1 Like

yes, I read a study once saying that Dronabinol provoked seizures in rats. Maybe because of this?

Sidco: Perhaps the subject matter of Pediatric Myocarditis associated with Cannabinoid ingestion should be moved to a separate subject matter of its own.
Here is a case study…out of the Denver area (?) that involves the death of an 11 month old boy. The report is matter of fact and the association with Cannabinoic Acid is note worthy .

In this Case the Toxcitiy Screen revealed only THCA. Nothing else…and we can only summize the child ate a certain quantity of
Prepared “Diamonds”. In this thread we have been discussing the dubious nature of “death by THC ingestion”…which is warranted.
But for all who do not understand, the ingestion of large amounts
Of Cannabinoic Acids is Terra Incognito with regards to Toxicology. The predominate use of THCA and our experience of
THCA is one of vaping diamonds. This process decarbs a considerable quantity…so we are really not that familiar with the
Effects of blood levels of THCA. THCA and CBDA and their corresponding 3,’ three carbon analogues have very complex
Interactions with CB1 and CB2 receptors, and pronounced
“Aspirin”-like effects due to the Salicylic acid moiety.

These compounds exhibit pronounced physiological effects
And their toxicity is unknown. Based on this report no one should allow children near THCA (diamonds)… and with an abundance of caution the label should state such. If a child were to eat a single large Diamond…that is actually quite a dose of THCA. We have a unique situation here where the industry is a bit ahead of medical science.
If everyone gets on board here …please.
Below is the title and abstract…but the full article can be easily downloaded.

Pediatric Death Due to Myocarditis After Exposure to Cannabis

Thomas M. Nappe, DO* and Christopher O. Hoyte, MD*†

Author information Article notes Copyright and License information Disclaimer

Go to:

Abstract

Since marijuana legalization, pediatric exposures to cannabis have increased.1 To date, pediatric deaths from cannabis exposure have not been reported. The authors report an 11-month-old male who, following cannabis exposure, presented with central nervous system depression after seizure, and progressed to cardiac arrest and died. Myocarditis was diagnosed post-mortem and cannabis exposure was confirmed. Given the temporal relationship of these two rare occurrences – cannabis exposure and sudden death secondary to myocarditis in an 11-month-old – as well as histological consistency with drug-induced myocarditis without confirmed alternate causes, and prior reported cases of cannabis-associated myocarditis, a possible relationship exists between cannabis exposure in this child and myocarditis leading to death. In areas where marijuana is commercially available or decriminalized, the authors urge clinicians to preventively counsel parents and to include cannabis exposure in the differential diagnosis of patients presenting with myocarditis.

“”Toxicology screening revealed urine enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay positive for tetrahydrocannabinol-carboxylic acid (THC-COOH) and undetectable serum acetaminophen and salicylate concentrations. Route and timing of exposure to cannabis were unknown.””

“” Post-mortem cardiac blood analysis confirmed the presence of Δ-9-carboxy-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-9-carboxy-THC) at a concentration of 7.8 ng/mL. Additional history disclosed an unstable motel-living situation and parental admission of drug possession, including cannabis.””

We assume the post-mortem was GC or GCMS so the THCA levels were measured as THC. (Unknown)

Now the myocarditis is due to an Immune response and the is the causative agent for the rather bizarre ECG presented in this paper. Can THCA trigger this immune response?
@ Rioplex…can you advise here?

Sidco…thanks if you can get this moved over…I have no idea how to do this.

1 Like

We’re looking for a mod to start a new thread. @Akoyeh @FicklePickle @Killa12345 TIA

I wonder if ELIZA differentiates at all between 11-OH and d9? Wouldn’t it depend on binding site with the Eliza probe (promiscuity)?

Edit: I guess they say blood work showed d9 but it doesn’t say method

Well the question of distinction between the Cannabinoic Acids and the neutral cannabinoids is one question, and in the neutral realm whether their
Immunosorbant distinguishes between D9 and 11-0H is another. It all depends on the choice of cross linking methodology for the cross-linked antigen and whether you prepare a monoclonal or polyclonal. This particular assay they refer to I have no idea. My interpretation is that the tox screen for THCA was specific and the post Mortem determination was GCMS. Which decarbs in the injection port…so the
Report says D9.

3 Likes

Article says mother bought the edibles “from a Fredericksburg store”, clearly doesn’t sound like a dispensary. Would be very interested to see the actual bottle of these gummies, and see what unregulated gas station edibles we’re talking about here.

My local head shop must have 40 different varieties of delta 8 edibles, imagine sending in a bag of each to get tested and see what kind of nonsense ends up in those.

1 Like

Turns out something to that effect was recently published…

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.chemrestox.1c00388#

4 Likes

From puking while sleeping from to much thc Ppl and animal vomit and it enters lungs. Sad.

Oh wow, ask and I shall receive huh. Seems that article is for the D8 vapes, but finds a list of unintended byproducts without even getting into the nasty shit they’ll cut those with for viscosity.

I’m all for more access to people in states with draconian weed laws, but there’s gotta be some better route than gas station drugs. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

How is everyone ignoring the fact that “D8” is riddled with random isomers and trace amounts (we can only hope) of catalysts? Any skilled short path technician can put some conversion distillate in a short path and see all kinds of shit coming out 0_0. I know a popular method here in LA for CBD->D9 requires a molar solution of HCL in ethanol. I am not super familiar with HHC methods or acetate, but I know they are similar in process. These catalysts are acids. Most people running conversions are not doing it themselves… they have a team that follows a SOP. So, there is very little diligence and technical ability to remove these acids properly (neutralized) and also verify that they are removed (neutralized). Analytical testing does not test for ANY of these acidic catalysts. Let’s not mention the fact that most of the equipment being used is usually not rated for the catalyst agents. I have a feeling small amounts of these catalysts are even more dangerous than the molecules we are making with extremely little human research behind them.

1 Like

Remember when the horse died in Half Baked, because it was a diabetic?

2 Likes

Buttercup!!! OH GOD WHY, OH GOD WHY BUTTERCUP!!!

3 Likes

I love Buttered Stuff!

2 Likes

$$$ :see_no_evil: $$$

What’s in your D8 mate?

5 Likes
4 Likes