Viability of crypto integrating into cannabis?

What’s everybody’s thoughts on this?

1 Like

I think I’m getting a 503 error when clicking the link, so my thoughts are this is a fucking joke.

If a shitcoin can’t even keeps it’s white paper site up, that’s not a good sign.

7 Likes

Not cryptocurrency as implied, but still blocky-chainey:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/evio-inc-announces-major-blockchain-130000892.html

“…a platform that allows cannabis and hemp companies to safeguard their products with fast, reliable product authentication and associated labels.

EVIO will provide verification services and assist its customers with joining Chroma Signet’s Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO). This DAO will serve its members by helping them acquire a special form of non-fungible token (NFT) that represents a namespace that will allow customers to easily verify the origin of cryptographic signatures attached to cannabis products throughout the cannabis supply chain.“

2 Likes

The fact that it’s only for weed stores is a joke…
Basically you pay them to be able to buy weed from a astore when you can use cash…
Gimmicky

Have you ever done btc…on weeeed man?

6 Likes

As far as crypto in my mind it’s a niche investment market at the moment.

Does not change the profitability or amount of millionaires it has made in such a short time these last few years tho… :thinking:

And the link seems to work fine to me… maybe clear your cookies in your browser

I could post a how to if you need :wink: :+1:

Soooooooo. Just to let you know. People do not spend crypto.

10+ years experiance. Crypto commerce percentage of on chain transactions is laughable.

Plebs don’t care about friction, they also don’t care about the fees you pay, and are not about to pay them for you.

I do think it’s a great idea. But the majority in practice do not see the convenience factor yet.

Way more people buy high and sell low than the opposite. You can see it in the volume, that’s how markets work. More people lose money trying to do fast trades than make money.

2 Likes

The niche market is

Buying crypto

Realizing a capital gain

Selling crypto

2 Likes

What this says about the future of crypto in my head :man_shrugging: who knows

Vechain already tracks and authenticates bottles of wine in China where forgery and fakes are rampant. Not sure we need a pot specific version.

1 Like

You’re saying the vast majority of the crypto market is people buying and holding those assets…?

Day traders are the niche market?

1 Like

Yes.

Most think they can buy hold for long term gains.

The money is in day trading.

2 Likes

Case in point - buying at .15 and selling at at.30

Roughly 10% of GLG memberships are purchased with crypto.

I paid for the videographer for the Vegas GLG Media suite interviews in Bitcoin.

I also paid the web designer that put together the GLG site in Bitcoin.

I just paid my drywall guy 50% of his quote in Bitcoin :person_shrugging:

7 Likes

Half the price he quoted to complete the job, or half the price of the quote? I guess “estimate” is a better word to distinguish.

Ahh I paid him his full asking price, but half the payment was cash the other half Bitcoin

3 Likes

I’ve only turned down btc as payment once, at $68k

3 Likes

Tolkin tokens

2 Likes

People do make money day trading but for sure more people lose. The money one person makes someone else loses.

and dogecoin is #12 by market cap. 9 year old janky software! :stuck_out_tongue: