Vermont S.54

Is anyone else here from the 802?

With S.54 passing we will have a busy couple years ahead of us. Retail marketplaces expected to open in late 2022. Several different license types being offered, NO vertical integration except to established medical dispensaries (3 or 4 locations I believe), 30% THC cap on flower, 60% THC cap on concentrates…

To those who have read up on it, what do you think?

I think it’s a step in the right direction, but I hope the bill as passed is amended a few times before 2022.

5 Likes

From 802 as well, I wonder how many of us there are on here. I agree with what you’re saying though. It is definitely a step in the right direction but I would have liked to see higher caps on THC% in concentrates. 60 percent definitely puts a limit on the variety of extractions that are gonna be available on the legal market in my opinion.

3 Likes

Are we going to be forced to cut extracts with a filler? I hope we can utilize butane and propane in the future as well rather than strictly ethanol and CO2.

Im in rutland/upstate ny area. Would love to connect if we can get a group together.

2 Likes

I think the regulators are confused and I sure hope they figure it out soon. This just knocks out so many excellent products. I’m sure there’s some good legislative reason for it - they don’t want people to have access to a lot of THC I guess… but it seems really limiting in general to remove the best dabs from the market generally. Making it so that you can’t use any food flavoring will make it harder for some of the “national” brands to sell their products. No more pina colada vapes for you!

Since it has already become law - seems like an uphill battle to make any changes to that. But there’s plenty of space in the broader markets for flower, carts, and edibles (which seemed really absent from the prohibited products section…) unless the section on “flavored” oils includes not putting them into foods.

New England is always like this though, eh? When my mom was like go up there and work in cannabis - I had to look at her side-eyed. I’m getting closer coming to Michigan, but dang. I may not like the wild wild west some days - but the north east doesn’t look like greener pastures from a regulatory side of things.

Now your potency test results can mean your product can’t be sold instead of the inevitable relabeling that happens in other regulatory environments. :frowning: In so many places, I’ve watched people chase the greater than 30% THC flower for YEARS. But not for Vermont - back to a smooth smoke that doesn’t put grandma in the couch for 2 days.

Glad ya’ll got it approved by the legislature though, even if the Governor declined to sign it and let it pass into law without a veto.

2 Likes

I’m also In the 802. Wanting to start a legal business. We should have a group to keep the biz scene ppl instead of corporate types

3 Likes

I’m very close 802 as well.

2 Likes

moved back to the PNW from VT to get more hands on education, but hope to see the VT scene boom the way it should. theres some amazing cultivators and processors hiding out in the woods. Stay away from Green Mountain Hemp Co/VT Grow Shop, dude has been scamming people for biomass to make garbage alcohol extractions for ages and is a known Pedo.

1 Like

Heyo!
802 extractor here.
Thoughts on the legal market? I’m reaching out because I am digging the group of extractors VS BIG PHARMA.
Also having some confusion with the extraction laws…
Hit me up-
Gratefully appreciated
Peace

Welcome to the future @Droptheleash good luck on the networking front, you’re in the right place :call_me_hand:

1 Like