Vendor blacklist

I don’t know how many people here interact with food, pharma, and chemical supply vendors, but I’ve learned this year that supply chains in canna are challenging. So words of advice, research the company. See if they do canna stuff. Of they don’t, then don’t tell them you do. Don’t be an idiot like me.

8 Likes

You can add banking to that list. :shushing_face:

5 Likes

I recently mentioned canna in an email with a rep who was working out a very reasonable and mutually beneficial business arrangement.

Then all of a sudden the lead times were higher and the prices shot up… a lot.

Just tell em you’re a lavender farmer or something

10 Likes

I come from what I call traditional industry but I where a grower or processor, I wouldn’t want to work with a vendor that supported the cannabis industry

1 Like

Why not…???

Probably because they charge extra for niche customers.

I would venture to say that purchasing anything (at least in So Co) you are going to pay more if the seller, vendor, or service provider knows you have anything to do with the Cannabis Industry.

In a build out of a grow facility I would say at least 30% more in all of the trades. The problem is that they are so busy they don’t need your business and if you are in an out of the way location… Fuhgettaboutit

A couple of years ago I was buying commercial property and I used an old C-Corp to negotiate with the seller and then just quit claimed over to a different C-Corp after the build out and before the licensing process. The seller had no idea what was going to be developed on the property and that probably helped a chit ton at the negotiation table

4 Likes

We always called it the green tax.

3 Likes