Vapor Static Extraction - Huh?

All,

Anybody have any ideas what exactly this equipment is doing? Sounds to me like it’s just steam distillation?

Sounds like a bunch of marketing BS but I’m curious if this has any advantages over other methods.

Thanks,
-Will

Hot air extraction. Basically it is a giant herb vaporizer with a fancy method of condensation. The advantage is that it can produce very potent oil without any solvents at all. The disadvantages are that it’s extremely expensive and the oil gets pretty well toasted.

3 Likes

So basically you are distilling straight off the raw plant material without an initial crude extraction. That’s got to result in a ton of contamination of the output oil. I would assume the output would also be a combination of terpene degradation biproducts (heads), cannabinoids (main body), and carbon from plant matter breakdown (tails)? So you’d still need to distill this afterwards to separate the desirables from the garbage. Might make sense for CBD where you are after yield then worry about purifying later?

It does include some internal water washing and other steps that purify it to a certain extent. Potency gets into the mid 80s TAC, all decarbed. No great terpenes, for sure.

1 Like