Value of these and similar terps/terp-extract?

So a while ago i acquired what I was told were jars of hemp derived terpenes from a CBD lab in Denver. Now that I have a business in Oklahoma, I’ve decided to start getting them tested to verify they are what they said they were.

I have a couple dozen jars, so, being unsure of the contents of each, I chose two jars at random to test first and sent them for full panel testing. As it turns out some of them may have much more CBD in them then previously thought, along with some having residual amounts of THC as well.

My first question concerns the ones that have residual amounts of CBD and thc, like Jar 2: What do we call these products? Are they a distillate or terpene or a terpene/distillate blend?
My second question is broadly what are the values of these products, and do the values differ between the mixes with only terps vs those with larger amounts of residual CBD/THC?

Jar #1 results shows small amounts of THC it’s larger amounts of CBD, while jar #2 has no detectable THC and only slight residuals of CBD. The viscosity of jar #1 is thicker while jar #2 is much thinner; disappears to be reflective of the amount of CBD in the solution. Test results should be attached below.

2011STS0150.0516 - ELEVATING CANNABIS - JAR 1.pdf (190.0 KB) 2011STS0150.0517 - ELEVATING CANNABIS - JAR 2.pdf (187.1 KB)

1 Like

Co2 Extracted? Seems they need cleaned up a bit.

These are not from distillate. They are from unrefined crude oil or less likely straight from biomass. It says 56 and 59 units per batch. Are those units grams (or mL’s?)

Jar 1 coming in over 50% terps with ND thc is looking pretty good. What color is it? Water? Honey? Iced tea? Probably around $10/mL for that one

It all depends on what/where your market is. Are you making carts? Wholesale? Retail? What made u buy a couple dozen bottles of this unknown terp blend and sit on them? Hopefully you got a good deal!

Jar 2 is still worth something but probably a buck or two per mL on that one if ure lucky

Is there a noticeable difference between jar 1 and jar 2 in terms of fragrance? Can you tell with your senses that jar 1 is worth more?

If it were me I would try to pick out the jars which most resemble jar 1 in terms of appearance and fragrance and get those ones tested first because they are worth more and are ND THC meaning you can ship them out of state if need be.

Through a weird deal I had the opportunity to purchase around 30,000 ml for a couple grand. Seemed worth the risk. When frozen the jar that tested out with less cannabinoids is more watery, compared to the thicker consistency of jar #2 with more CBD/thc… Of the other jars that I have left, there are some that are even thicker and some that are just as thin as jar #1; this leads me to believe that the ones with less viscous consistencies will be the ones to test first if I’m looking for terpenes and not cannabinoids; does this sound like sound logic?

Jar 1

Jar 2

Lots of jars

3 Likes

No idea how these were extracted; I know that they came out of a very proper and well-funded CBD lab, but I’m not sure of the methodology used during extraction.

1 Like

Yes the low viscosity and clear ones will more than likely have higher percentages of terpenes in them with less cannabinoids. Also LOVE that you store your pizza on the terps! LOL

What would be creative uses for the mixtures with higher percentages of cannabinoids? I assume that they would only be marketable to other white-market companies, but what would you make with them or use them for?

I’m thinking that for the mixtures that have CBD and THC in them, it might be cool to add them to distillate carts to create a more well-rounded cannabinoid profile; would this then be considered a full spectrum extract since it would have THC CBD and a plethora of terpenes in it?

I would recommend doing some cleanup on them to make them marketable as terpenes. I am betting those are co2 extracted.

Free samples for everyone

4 Likes

How would I go about cleaning them up? What processes would be used for that?

You can start with a cold crash and filter (Stair step down to 0.2um). You may need full winterization on them. You may want to centrifuge them or distill them (cold with a strong vacuum)

There are a ton of options and it depends on their current state.

I would recommend searching the forums for more info on the topic.

Vacuum distillation?

What is the nose on them?

Why isnt anyone asking for the nose on the terps?

1 Like

Does the nose really matter if they are not π–„π–Š π–”π–‘π–‰π–Šβ€™ π–™π–Šπ–—π–•π–˜?