Value in your business, anything patentable?

I’m seeing the ebb and flow in business community. Hardcore shakeups in OK for some. Good business people are always looking to make moves to add to the bottom line of your companies. The price drops in Oklahoma and discounts have already killed a few businesses and more to come. Most just don’t know it yet.

Discounts are always a race to the bottom. This and your proprietary professional craft is open sourced. Oh shit! Yep, it’s happened a couple of times in my business life. Knowledge and skills, special tools, etc took decades of very hard work and decades of learning, making mistakes. Taking very serious risks we won’t go into. Now with the internet and YouTube the world is the library of Alexandria. Short learning curves and technology advanced brings many new young bucks into a somewhat thin market. Most People not willing anymore to pay for super boutique product. Welcome to getto Walmart weed.

So differentiating from the masses, looking for business opportunities looks to be a current common discussion at the moment. Adding value, profits to business. Real not perceived value. Keeping the doors open.

So patenting products, processes, what are guarded secret recipes vs patented products. Whatever vertical market you might play have you been awarded a cannabis related pattent.? Was it worth the money and work?
Most importantly did you make a dime?

I’m thinking niches, be the best, roll with the changes. Also with the race to price bottom and zero profit, …an exit strategy.

What are your thoughts on the mom and pops surviving the next 2 yrs to see what shakes in both marketplaces and legislation… ?

3 Likes

I’m thinking support businesses. You guys can have the brunt of the operation, and I’ll do what I can to support it in a “niche” market. I have some ideas that can be brought to fruition, and we would will kill it. 1. Because of who we are, and 2. For what we provide.

But the glory if it, is that it would be non-dependent on cannabis industry specifically. Because it’s something that is a service that many more people than cannabis facilities need. We have the people to run it, and make it happen, but it’s being dependent on he actual labor we need to construct everything. That’s where the magic lies, and the problems begin. Have to have the right people to send on the road doing that stuff.

But, this is all side stuff. For all of us. Everybody has their own thing going, and I’m committed to my path.
Think bigger, think support, and personally for my specialty I’m thinking non-dependent to any specific industry. Agriculture as a whole, but allot more people than Ag people need things like steel buildings and support structures. But again, this has been a thought project for me, and what I could bring having a lifetime in construction, not cannabis.

You would probably do best to own land, and rent to everyone though?