Vacuum Question

Im not very good with or know much about these vacuums, learned mostly from teaching myself and also taking apart/putting back together. I am trying to figure out which of these 3 vacuums will work best for my 4" WFE.

Edwards RV12 A65501906
Best Value Vac 212 BVVPS212
CRV Pro 16 3161-01

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

I’m guessing the CRV Pro 16 is a Welch, I can tell you we’ve used those as well as the Edwards RV12 on a 4" VTA Wiped Film and so long as oil is changed at least once a month they keep on truckin’.

I am about to replace a seal on the edwards and that is what i have been using on my WFE. So hopefully the issue with the vac during my runs is fixed with the seal change.

Currently I’m using a CRV Pro 16 on my 4" WFE with the diffusion pump. The WFE is going right now doing a second pass on distillate and I’m at 30mTorr. They are expensive though. I also use an Edwards 12 on one of my short paths and it seems to work slightly worse than the CRV Pro 16 on the other short path.

I have all 3 of them at my disposal in the lab, just tryna see what everyone else is using.

All three of those are Rotary Vane pumps and all will have similar performance. However, they will all need frequent oil changes.

We recommend the Air Cooled Dry Screw from Highvac because it can reach the same levels of vacuum but it is an oil free vacuum pump that can be flushed with solvent when it becomes contaminated. These pumps have proven to be so reliable that we have been running one on a decarb vessel for 18 months with no cold trap.

Although the dry pumps carry a higher price tag, they do not require frequent oil changes. Highvac also offers RV pumps that are very competitively priced and they offer a very nice exchange program that you can get a new replacement pump ( Not Rebuilt) and once you return your core pump they refund 50% of the price paid for the new pump.

i carry all edwards cheaper than anyone… i carry all rv’s and also e2m series… all with major rebuilds and 6 month warranty on all my pumps… also have a few dry scrolls in stock… ! also do repair… let us help u.