Vacuum pump from china

Hi there, we are setting a SPD and we are looking for a suitable pump for a 2lt kit.
We can get this pump from a friend’s lab it was used only once.
It’s ok for a small setup like ours?
http://www.lanphan.com/VacuumPump/2XZ-2RotaryVaneVacuumPump-594.mhtml

Was the vacuum on in this picture? How many microns does it pull blanked off? What is the CFM?

2 Likes

Biggest issue with pumps from China is that rebuild kits are either difficult to source or completely non-existent. We beat the hell out of these rotary vane pumps in this sector. Pretty common for them to need a rebuild every 6mo-year. So if you can’t locate a quality rebuild kit, these are short use ‘throw away’ pumps. Keep that in mind.
An Alcatel 2021i does the trick. You can usually find them for less than $1300 running solid/rebuilt.

4 Likes

I got a fully rebuilt 2021i (blanks off at 6 micron) for 1600. I wont refer the guy as there was a huge error in shipping it to me and major drama.

Sorry about that. Still havent given him biz since

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the replies, the pump worked fine, we were able to get some clear, there’s a lot to learn. Good evening

2 Likes

100% not your fault! Shipping error on his part only. But 100% quality vacuum pump, especially a sub 10 micron blank off pull cold.