Vacuum Oven set-points. Pentane purge CBD isolate

Hello everyone -

Following the pentane washing of CBD isolate, we dry the crystal, grind it, and place it in a thin layer on cookie sheets in vacuum oven to remove residual pentane. We’ve read some indications that CBD can sublime. Does any one have suggestions for temperature set-point and vacuum levels to best achieve low pentane levels?

Thank you!

I would be very interested in the Reading of the sublimation of CBD
IF You have Any links Please post as for
Pentane vac levels once reaching iT s boiling point You are already there iT s yust the time and making iT possible for all pentane to escape that come in play
Like the flipping of shatter

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. Sublimation was brought up by another person. I can’t personally speak to it…

If sublimation occures iT is minute at room temp and atmosphere i haven t encountered iT ever and My scales are fairly precise :grinning:
If Any one here can answer this question iT has to be our sorceror @QGA

1 Like

CBD does not sublime in my experience it has a rather specific melting point of 66 centigrade. Pentane’s boiling point is around 36 centigrade. so experiment there. Do I know the answer to this… yes… do i think you can figure this out for yourself… yes.

3 Likes

I don’t currently have a vacuum oven I was going to run my isolate through a flour sifter and then spread super thin to remove residuals. Any thoughts on this?

You need to make the solvent go away

I agree- anyone should be able to purge pentane easily with a vac oven.

I’m still interested in what is an OPTIMAL temperature, assuming the operator is pulling a deep vacuum (sub 1 Torr), to completely purge the isolate in the shortest amount of time.

1 Like

You want it as warm as you can go without melting the isolate. its dependant on how accurate your oven is and if there are any hot spots.

55c-60c is a safe temp to go and as deep as vac as you can get down to. nitrogen sweep for major bonus points and to cut times down. also make sure your isolate is ground up and fine if you are still getting high residual results after long purges. You can trap some solvent in your isolate.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with melting…

We melt CBD isolate at 200-250f then vac at 130f until it forms a solid slab. It’s a melt-crystalization technique. Can make crystals that are completely solvent free.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BytD3QWhrt6/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Nice to see you here. :kissing_heart:

1 Like