Vacuum distilled ethanol spirits and other uses for your cls

Trying to make some vacuum distilled ethanol spirits, thinking probably just a vodka to start. Any one ever experiment with making booze in there cls? Did a little reaserch and saw a company that makes gin in a roto vap to preserve flavors through the distilling process.
And the thought of using my cls for vacuum distilled booze got me wondering what else I can do with it ? Fruit extracts? Botanical flower exteacrs? Natural medicinal plant extracts? W

2 Likes

To the top!

I thought about trying lavender. Never did it , but def crossed my mind haha

2 Likes

I think you get methanol contamination when you distill alcohol under vacuum

Parameters definitely change at least. Why not just distill at atmosphere

4 Likes

They say it helps carry over some of the natural flavors that are heat sensitive, basically the same concept as in thc extraction . Thanks for the tip about possible methanol , I’ll do some more research on that

It looks like I was wrong about that, methanol comes out in the heads either way it would seem, you just need to know where the cutoff is

2 Likes

Did this with mangos back in the day, it was fun to experiment but it turned out shit with straight 95% EtOH. added some water and things improved with 60% ABV.

Its helpful to know the target compounds polarity when selecting the solvent to wash it with. Often water is helpful if you want to preserve a raw compound & boiling it isnt always the answer, cold can be used to make a reduction too

3 Likes