Vacuubrand RC6 Hybrid vacuum pump

I know very little about vacuum pumps.

But, this looks super cool to me. They took a two stage rotary vane and a two stage chemical diaphragm pump and made them kiss.

Has anyone played with one of these before?

3 Likes

Looks sweet but what would be the benefit?

Is it meant to achieve lower vac levels while still being able to produce condensate rather than vapor on the exhaust?

Edit: just saw the link sorry.

1 Like

From the page:

Description
The RC 6 chemistry-HYBRID pump is a combination of a two-stage rotary vane pump and a two-stage chemistry diaphragm pump for optimized corrosion resistance. The diaphragm pump maintains the oil reservoir under vacuum in order to keep the partial pressures of solvent vapors at levels below their condensation points and to reduce largely the concentration of oxygen and corrosive gases. Therefore the RC 6 chemistry-HYBRID pump has a much higher solvent vapor pumping capability and resistance to aggressive gases than conventional rotary vane pumps.

Performance features

• reduced internal corrosion, even when working with corrosive vapors
  • oil changes typically reduced 90% or more compared with rotary vane pumps alone
  • excellent environmental friendliness due to efficient solvent recovery (accessory kit PC 8 with emission condenser; or as pumping unit PC 8)
  • most economical solution: In practical operation a cold trap is often no longer necessary. For large amounts of vapors a pumping unit PC 3 / RC 6 with cold trap at the inlet is available
  • ease of maintenance due to telescopic design
1 Like

This would be dope for a ffe I feel like

The cfm of an oil pump with the chemical resistance of a diaphragm

These come stock with the smaller UiC series wiped films. They are very good pumps. Expected less because thing is tiny, but it’s a very rugged pump with a higher contamination tolerance than most pumps I’ve worked with.

2 Likes

I’m not sure kissing is the right word when the tail end touches the inlet, maybe in a human centipede kissing kinda way

But yeah, you can just do it on the cheap and hook up two pumps like that yourself. Brings all the benefits of both pump types without the downsides of either.

4 Likes

I was originally going to use the adjective dock instead of kiss. I should have stuck with my first instinct.

5 Likes

I use a vacuubrand diaphragm pump to suck off the exhaust of my sogevac and edwards backed diffusion setup when I’m running spd. I like it keeps things cleaner and moving efficiently ime.

1 Like

what kinda vac you getting with that? seems a bit like shooting birds with ICBMs

2 Likes

ain’t no kill like overkill

Sick fucking pump thoooo i want one

https://doi.org/10.1016/0042-207X(95)00041-0

In case anyone was wondering how to go about this.

3 Likes