Vaccubrand vac pump 10l roto questions

Hey guys what’s up so I have ben trying to level up my recovery on a budget Iol.I bought a vaccubrand me8 si for 650 off ebay …

Heres a video of it running
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8jSuwXhDpQ/?igshid=tq6m71uobs20
I was thinking this is a upgrade to the 2c that most roto kits reccomend
I’m only recovering about 5l per hr my goal is 10l per hr if thts possible
I run my polyscience chiller around 20f this is cold I barely get any blow by to the dry ice cold trap
I have a coil in ice bucket befor it returns to the chiller to help w chiller efficiency
I have an auxiliary dry ice cold trap between roto and pump just to be safe it dose catch etho that blows by the roto coils so I use it every time
I preheat the crud w a nuwave in a ss pot or with a coil to 100f
wen the pump is hooked up to the roto it runs around 400,000 microns
Is this pump worne out I can still return it

What is the best pump for a 10l roto to maximize recovery … I realy like to purchase used off ebay for sellers w 30 day returns
I like vaccubrand but theres other brands like knf

Those pumps are great, have several they will do great on a 10L got one on a 20 and it does fine just need a good cold trap or vac regulaor.

1 Like

can I ask your recovery rates tho, am I just being greedy trying to get 10l an hr on a 10l
Do your pumps pull to 80 mbar? Idk that much about vaccum depth I’m just running mine wide open no regulator

That pump on a 20l will pull bury my gauge, i have a very cold cold trap behind it. I think you could get 10 and hr if you really dial it in and have a very cold condenser and run just a thin film at a time into your roto rather than just filling it and letting it go