Utilizing a Hot and Cold Dephlegmator cls still

23.5"

2 Likes

That’ll do it

So I’d recommend valves to throttle your feed input and your vacuum levels; as well as your evaporator temperature.

It’s going to be a balancing act between those three variables to your evap rate. Probably take a few hours of fine tuning to decide how you want to run it.

It’s probably your cheapest evaporation per $ outside of scavenged heat exchangers. I think you could get 30lph of condensing before you run out of surface area :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there anyway to reproof as you’re distilling? Like is it possible to always have a 190 proof ethanol return rather than a lowered alcohol content?

1 Like

Would some bubble plates do it?

1 Like

Yah pass your vapor over 4a beads…

2 Likes

If you add some packing into a column before it hits your condenser it should do the trick

1 Like

https://www.glaciertanks.com/condensers-cnd-g800-012-0500-61t.html

?

1 Like

Would a peristaltic pump be able to pump in a winterized mixture to the top of a FFE?

Yeah absolutely, I recommend vacuum but either works

Is there a specific kind of peristaltic pump you guys prefer? Also, what kind of tubing should I use?

It certainly has more tubes than the 6" one they sell. You will be limited by the 8" clamp’s pressure rating. This should be a non issue for a still.

1 Like

I like santoprene. Should work well with your vacuum application as well.

2 Likes

Does anyone here have a filtration system set-up directly to their FFE?

Like something that filters a mixture to be winterized and carbon scrubbed does anyone have that kind of filtration system hooked up to their FFE?

Wait now I’m confused. Should I be using a smaller dephlegmator if I’m only using like a 6×14 collection pot (6×12 spool or jacketed spool with a jacketed 6×2 splatter platter) and a 6×18 recovery tank

I would maximize the condenser if your are shooting form the hip.

4 Likes

Beats doing the math…

2 Likes

Says you. The math is my favorite part.

5 Likes

Well what I’m wondering now is for my safety not just for efficacy. Is would I need to match the amount of vapors coming in from the main hot dephlegmator to a bigger collection pot or am I gonna be safe running a 6×6 main hot dephlegmator with a 6×14 collection pot?

That depends on your temps and your condensing abilities.

You’ve seen this graph a number of times.

What does it tell you about the pressure in your collection pot?

What will your system do if the defleg is set to 70C & you close off the recovery side. Assuming 100% propane?

You might not have seen this one as often…but you’ll need it to actually answer the question posed (first one doesn’t go high enough).

Hint: pretend you’re doing this in an ETS MEP which has PRVs set at 450PSI

3 Likes