USPS seizes 400 lbs of hemp flower - Anyone know more details on this?

LEOs like to verify everything. You provide paperwork, sure. But what happens when they ‘suspect’ that it’s not derived from industrial hemp? Or when they run one sample and come up with a THC content over 0.3%? They impound your cargo and take you to court. Your lab results are based off multiple samples. The onus is on you to prove that it came from industrial hemp.

Including the paperwork in the mail is compliant, yes. But haulers of CMVs get pulled over for inspections frequently, and constitutional protections against unreasonable delays don’t apply to inspections of CMVs and they don’t apply to individuals operating under a licensed hemp program. That LEO can run that truck through all sorts of inspections and take hours doing it. Doesn’t like what he sees? Whole truck gets impounded. Questionable cargo? Impounded “until we can verify its contents.”

A given hemp extract might change hands 5-10 times from field to finished product.

Having a database, trusted and used by industry and regulators as a single point of truth, filled with lot tracking info that LEOs can access and ‘verify’ (inspect) that said product is both compliant and derived from industrial hemp is the only way these larger cargos stop getting impounded. Impounded cargo hurts the bottom line of everyone in the supply chain.

3 Likes

First class mail is sealed from inspection, and requires a warrant from a judge to open it.

5 Likes

Also, we’re talking about different shipping so different rules. if by USPS, the BMA info is all that’s required. If by freight - I have no idea.

Funny, I sent my postal inspector the same thing. They delivered it to me personally after.

1 Like

Would love to hear more about your software. Shoot me a DM

1 Like

The Hemp Checkoff interstate regulatory compliance and supply chain network is now live at https://farmtofinish.us

We know all the rules. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call us. (313) 651 7080

@Fide_Freight the robot head made me look at the post right away… Curse my adhd😋