Using nitrogen from new recovery tank for push?

Maybe the short coming is in your pump then.

1 Like

I have one cmep-ol pump and before the crc it wasn’t but when I run cold with the crc my runs are taking over 6hours to recover 50pounds. I was hoping the nitrogen push would help solve my issue without spending 4K plus on a pump

Ewe.

1 Like

I use the same pump and im able to recover 6 to 7 lbs of tane in 2o mins. Takes 30 mins or less total.

I guess everyone removes the covers

1 Like

The cleat tech filters are going to slow the process. I have said it before, either you make a Toyota in 13hrs or you make a RR in 6 months. Its your choice, we can’t make magic happen.

2 Likes

I was more concerned with the amount of solvent I’m losing per run. Almost 220 dollars. I can live with the speed but it would be nice if was faster lol

I just got my pumped serviced and after 820 bucks it came back sounding like that.

1 Like

Ya they screwed up

1 Like

I hate these things. My primary chiller is down and I have to resort to this pile of crap. Runs take literally, twice as long as before.

Makes me want to punch a baby

Too soon?

5 Likes

So I’m thinking about adding a tee on my recovery tanks vapor port so I can do a nitrogen push. Good idea, bad idea? Cause on that video with the stainless solvent/recovery tank it has three ports.

Run a hotloop if your active…

1 Like

So it is ok to run nitrogen without PRVs IF gauges are everywhere and you have a good quality regulator? (and temps are below butane boiling point). I was thinking of getting this on amazon https://www.amazon.com/SPARC-Nitrogen-Regulator-0-600PSI-Warranty/dp/B07HRCRHFS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2LE3MJ1092AMS&keywords=nitrogen+regulator+1%2F4"+jic&qid=1651788864&sprefix=nitrogen+regulator+1%2F4+ji%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUE0Q0xXUk9VSUc1UzkmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0MDk3OTMzRDI0Qzk0M0k5MThGJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MjQwOTIySDdJQ05UNDE3Wk1DJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

But wasn’t sure if it was good enough. I run 1/4" lines everywhere and have a fully rack mounted system. Would the brass PRVs from OSS suffice for only $6-$7? Or is there a reason people don’t use those. I’m just running the system for my own personal use so not looking to break the bank if possible.

Is using a lower rated 0-400 psi regulator safer than a 0-800 psi regulator? or perhaps even a lower rated one at 0-150 psi?

I was thinking of going with a uniweld 0-400 or a smith regulator that goes up to 450.

1 Like

Yes.

My work system has PRVs, my personal does not. I definitely advise the PRVs.

Folks definitely do use the brass ones, but they can start to fail if your PRVs fires too often. In general, avoid having your PRVs fire (I know that sounds stupidly obvious, but I’ve seen labs that pretended they were pressure regulators)

You won’t need more than 150 PSI.

You’re coming at this with the right culture for safety, I’m just here to tell you I’ve done it, you’ll be safe.