Using Celite 545 to filter chlorophyll from solutions Video

The celite should stop any and all fines from getting into your filtered product. Thats the job of celite 545.

How thick is your celite bed?

In my 600ml buchner funnel, i use a fitted disc, then 1" celite bed. Then IF i must do a color remediation, i use AC mixed in the ethanol wash and in the buchner funnel.

4 Likes

Thanks coppertop and Demontrich for the clarification!

1 Like

We started using 500 ml glass Buchner funnel with fritted disk similar to your description. This works very well, so my original problem was I was just using the wrong equipment. No AC unless color remediation needed. We work with CO2 crude only so far so color has not been an issue.

Regarding the celite, how many filtrations do you perform before changing to a new celite layer? We are using to filter liters of material and changing to new layer when the ability of the vacuum pump to pull through the filter starts to diminish. Not sure if that’s correct. Maybe we should be changing more often.

1 Like

I scrape the top layer of fines after every 2000ml filtered. Then top off new celite as needed.

3 Likes

I have been trying to use the celite 545 an ac to clean some Qwet an some bho but no matter what I do I always get cloudy oil after mixing with terps why is the ethanol oleoresin absorbing the DE? An how do I fix this?

I run bho then Winterize then I use bleachless coffee filters an a 6 micron qualitative as vase then make the de puck on that then do just like the bvv video but every time it’s cloudy after vac purge ? What’s up any help would be great

Hey, I’m a total newbie and just stumbled across this thread last night. Would you be able to message me or point me in the right direction for a step-by-step tutorial for this particular tek?

If you search my screen name, I’ve posted many times the ways of the “demon”. Plenty of pics to go as well.

2 Likes

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it!

1 Like

but don’t say his name out loud, three times in a row.

1 Like