Username change period - 3 days

Updated the maximum number of days after registration a user can change their name. Default is 3. It had been changed early on to unlimited. Changed it back to 3.

If you want to change your username after 3 days, feel free to leave a reply here / dm me.
Chances are I’ll say no, best to start a new account.

19 Likes

@Hansel

Can we kill anonymous accounts then also? Not sure what the difference between changing your handle and changing to anonymous is.

9 Likes

I’m forever Hansel.

14 Likes

Yes. I am drafting that up now.

7 Likes

If that’s the case can I just go back to @breadwinner then? Lol

10 Likes

np buddy. Sure you don’t wanna be any of these?

Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Where @feds at? :rofl:

4 Likes

This has always been one of the oddest abilities on a forum that I feel should have only been allowed under certain circumstances by a mod only.

Great choice.

8 Likes

Good round of changes. This and anonymous feature were both irritating

12 Likes

Finally no more loser games. I feel when members starting abusing annon mode and changing user id’s every 5 minutes is when this place started going downhill. Good to see that both features have been changed.

10 Likes

Just wanted to voice my support in the changes! Great choices!

2 Likes

You guys know there was already a fix to this situation. You are able to start a new account, using the members old user name. Another words, you could hold a user’s name hostage if you wanted to. I thought about making jokes with it, but figured it would cause more shit.

5 Likes

Thought also crossed my mind. I would do a best effort to give them their original name back based on email verification depending on situation.

3 Likes

I admit, I change my name for short time periods (1 or 2 hours ) to be funny. But it was very apparent who I was and what I was doing.

3 Likes

I changed mine one time and im sticking with the change

4 Likes

Hey no joke, I completely missed the username change and I apologize. Fun part of that story is back in the start I was thinking @tenhemp would make a great moderator. @tenhemp actually was a moderator for a day, twice, on Feb 4th due to a back and forth between @future and myself, and probably should be a lvl4 at least. I’ve noticed @RedundantAlexithymia as someone I look up to as far as getting ‘the idea’ and holding a higher standard. Also was considering for a moderator.
I cannot believe I did not realize you just changed your username.
(callout for @Akoyeh for also being on my radar)

6 Likes

I was waiting until the 8th of January, my final day of employment with the DoD, to change my username back…as those fuckers were my motivation to change it…

Maybe I DM a request when time?

6 Likes

:slight_smile: I’d start a new account if I were you. Unless DoD gives you personal email to conduct your business then proof of employment is good enough for me.

Roland Schitt. Thank you for the Christmas morning gift of humor.

3 Likes

glad i changed forever ago to my final name

3 Likes