Used CUP 15 for sale

We have a lightly used cup15 for sale near downtown LA , excepting offers @52000obo . please contact Sean from the little green company 3109896945
chiller available for unit at adjusted price .

Still have CUP

Why do I see these things being sold like crazy lately??

either upgrading or liquidating equipment that isn’t profitable at current prices

1 Like

That many people leveling up you think? I feel like I have seen A LOT of centrifuge extractors for sale on this site

my money is on the latter.

Yep, I agree.

Cryo is becoming the etoh standard, nobody wants to spend time winterizing and filtering. Deltas aren’t great for running cold, and labor is expensive.

I thought the CUP did do cryo extraction? They boasted that it produced winterized oil when I talked with em, when we were considering buying one…

If you want to pump chilled fluid into the jacket and hope you don’t heat it up too much, sure. An HDPE bucket does cryo extraction if you’re working with -80 ethanol in a walk-in freezer. Keeping that solvent under -60 is a trick without some insulation tho.

1 Like

From the photo, that’s what these guys were doing. Note the coolant lines to the rear of the extraction chamber and the condensate on the outer jacket. But that’s not part of the CUP, that’s another whole system getting the Cup down to cryo temps.

Cups are only rated to -40c i believe

Well with which extractor is this not the case? Keeping your solvent cold is always important, regardless of which extractor you’re using…

That’s true, but some actually are designed for that purpose and have chillers incorporated right into the machine. The CUP was really designed for RTE, and then they started playing catch-up when they realized that the prevailing tech was cold etoh. I’m guessing that at least one reason that they are appearing on the market is that people are ditching RTE and don’t want to have to retrofit a $70k unit with a $30k chiller. But I’m not selling one, so that opinion is pure speculation.

2 Likes

Yep! Sounds pretty logical to me. I know I wouldn’t buy one with some of the other set ups out there now