Use Ignitus brand butane?

Coming from a respectful place…What do you use that’s so great and is “far better” ? I’d like to see for myself what a expert like yourself says is the best. I’d love to compare.

@GASGUY

1 Like

American sourced solvent. Along with their cleaning practices of cylinders prior to filling. North East Butane has been in business in the hydrocarbon industry for over 50 years. They aren’t new and they know what clean practices and standards are.

And they know how to read.

2 Likes

At Puretane we insist on the highest possible standards in every aspect of our manufacturing process. We begin by sourcing clean crude oil from the Gulf of Mexico, which we refine in Shreveport Louisiana. Through fractional distillation it is triple refined, and subsequently filtered 7 times to bring it to a purity of 99.9998% But this is only the beginning… We go much further to ensure that your final product contains ZERO mystery oils. The problem stems from can and valve manufacturers that are not as careful as they could be to keep the lubricants required in their machinery from leaving residue on the inside of the can and valve. Every other butane can in this market, whether it is from Korea or the UK, buys their cans and valves from Asian factories…cheap…and you get what you pay for. It doesn’t matter how many times it is filtered if it is then put into a can that has lubricant residue on its interior walls. Puretane is the ONLY Butane company in the world that manufactures its own cans and valves here in the United States, where we can keep a close eye on this issue. More important than anything else is your final experience, and like we say over and over again, when you try our butane side by side with any other on the market, there is absolutely no comparison. Here is what the guys at California’s favorite, Prime Extractions have to say about Puretane; “All you have to do is try Puretane once, the difference is clear…Use less gas with better yields. A cleaner gas means a cleaner finished product. Set your standards high, only the best!” –Prime Extractions

This brings me back to wanting to read more posts from @SkyHighLer. I remember the last time someone was wondering where he was at…

2 Likes

utter nonsense.
which makes the rest of the spiel suspect…

9 Likes

Check them out. They’ve been around for a while and have a big following. FYI It’s a little marketing on the yield. However, that is the case in situations.

So I use puretane, and it ain’t that clean. Last time I cleaned my gas, there was a decent amount oil in the bottom of the pot. No more than whipit tri blend, which I used to use, but no less either.

I just got a 12 pack to top off my little tank. I’ll take pics of the pot after I distill to show how much there is afterwards.

5 Likes

Proof I really have it lol.

5 Likes

just calling that claim “marketing” doesn’t make it any less false.

It’s nonsense, and repeating it does you no service.

if you’ve got COA’s that prove I’m wrong, by all means post them.

4 Likes

They just bought a new canning and hydrocarbon containment facility. They’re doing everything in house now with less room for contaminants and things we don’t want in there.

Thank you!

We’ll see when I top off. Like I said, no more, no less. I don’t complain, it’s either puretane or some other gas from bvv, those are the only choices I have for the amounts I need. But saying there’s no mystery oil is disingenuous.

Edit: to be clear, I have no complaints with puretane personally and you should always distill gas no matter your source imo.

1 Like

OK… I’ll go to penalty box on that subject.

2 Likes

This is my source, decent price. Anybody else looking for smaller amounts of butane, here ya go. 54 bucks shipped.

1 Like

Puretane just bought a new canning facility to eliminate any issues such as that.

Issues such as distilling, or mystery oil?

I’d hold off on saying no oil, I’m gonna be going through that pack of cans within a couple of days. This is a new case that should have come from this new facility. We’ll all see for ourselves what’s in there when I’m done.

For posterity, I’ll try to take pics through the process and weigh any remnants leftover is my pot once everything is done. I’ll take a paper towel, tare it on my scale, clean the tank out, and weigh the difference.

5 Likes

So I just topped my baby tank off, distilled 8 cans worth of gas. There’s definitely mystery oil, not enough to register on my scale that goes to .01g, but it’s there.

Not a lot, but puretane needs to stop saying there’s no mystery oil in their cans.

7 Likes

Its not possible to buy canned butane without mystery oil. I don’t care who makes it. That’s not bad for a little over 5lbs of gas.

1 Like

I think no one here claimed there that the amount was of mystery oil was excessive from puretane.

Edit: also more like 2.5lbs :wink: