USDA Establishes Domestic Hemp Production Program

If the states doing the background check I should be fine then, they cant enforce federal law and since they’re the ones automatically expunding all marijuana convictions they cant really denie me I dont think lol

Guess we will find out!

1 Like

Good luck to ya!
What state are you in?

Nevermind…lol

Call your state AG and ask the office.

1 Like

MariMed probably would to gain full control of GenCanna

1 Like

Was talking to Hemp Trading outta Spain today. They have their own CBG strain. They said the same thing.

Motherfuckers just paving the way for the Chads and Bryce’s to clean up while the unlucky foot soldiers in this war on drugs get boned. :angry:

12 Likes

Would “key participant” mean only majority stake holder? Or anyone that is an owner regardless of % owned?

1 Like

I smell a sub category

19 Likes

I’d chip in a lil knowledge.

3 Likes

Same! 100

2 Likes

Anyone who owns any part of the business

This is sounding more and more like Canada’s “legalization”

1 Like

This is a joke. Criminal Background Checks to grow an agricultural commodity crop? Are they trying to further marginalize people already victimized by the war on drugs? Tokncdb is launching a class action lawsuit against the USDA if anyone would like to join send a DM and I’ll get the info to you. Our industry and the people behind it deserve to be marginalized and victimized no longer. This is outrageous.

12 Likes

Makes my blood BOIL

3 Likes

100% this is big tobacco.

Once they have success in the Vape market it’s an easy pivot to cart market.

They already are in deep with these government orgs.

But what do I know

3 Likes

Just like prop 64 in California. It was pitched to voters as " We won’t let big money corporations come in for FIVE YEARS" The industry is already run by millionaires in the first year and most of the small farmers they said they would protect are out of business or still being charged with marijuana crimes. It’s such a joke. I don’t mind millionaires being in the industry but come on the barrier to entry is way too high in almost every single state.

3 Likes

The amount of money an individual has means squat. Does not define character and the underlying foundation in which the individual stands upon. In my opinion, values are what create wealth.

Personally - it’s about making money off the millionaires mistakes.

I see both sides. I see corruption within the government but I also see the good ones who don’t want people to take advantage of an emerging industry so they believe in those regs. I get it, but I don’t have to agree with it.

Duality is a real thing.

1 Like

Homie…I’m a felon technically. Got busted with extraction equipment, hash and biomass in 03. Stayed on the up and up after jail, parole etc. Got it expunged. Its gone. I work for the DoD, you can’t be a felon here and do what I do.

If you have an expunged felony, your in the clear. It is legally gone whether they know about it or not…it can’t be held against you

1 Like

Yessir, this was right around when Cronos (Altria’s cannabis pick) acquired Lord Jones primarily for hemp-derived CBD distribution.

https://soprweb.senate.gov/index.cfm?event=getFilingDetails&filingID=258466BF-17A1-4FBC-854D-4E99B545B382&filingTypeID=69

1 Like

So Lord Jones got bought… ha… how tha hell did I miss that.