URSA extracts LIQUID LIE RESIN

Go right ahead, there are no rails where this thread is headed

4 Likes

12 Likes

If i remember correctly, Thar actually does produce a supercritcal chromatography system. In case you wanted to read some more.

Edit: if your looking to own one of these systems you better have some 0’s in ur bank account, and I don’t mean after the decimal point.

5 Likes

Wow that just might be the ticket for the d8 people. I wonder if this can knock out minute amounts of d9

3 Likes

That’d be a question for Thar’s sales rep, I can’t remember if @Roguelab said d8 is somewhat separatable from d9 by chroma or if he (or she) actually said that about separation of CBN from THC’s.

4 Likes

I believe @rogue said you can separate d8 and d9 through distillation using a tall head but that any CBD present would make the separation nearly impossible.

1 Like

i was pretty cozy with the guys at waters for a while

their original system is designed to utilize chromatography
their sfc’s absolutely exhibit a chromatographic effect too, but its not what you may think. column length is your enemy here.

you can definitely acheive separation of various compounds, between d8 and d9 though, i am not sure. your kicker here will be finding an appropriate media. realistically, someone should try this.

i would load a d8/d9 mix onto some DE and pack the first column (columns in series) with it, and plain DE in the second column. go real low, and see what elutes.

1 Like

Could be membranes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFiwSYfhRTB/?igshid=roz816qa5nrz

Technically you could use any solvent and it still be live resin if it was fresh frozen

Rogue did say this in one thread somewhere

1 Like

Its also about it being liquid with no additives

2 Likes

Youd have a high terpenes content since membranes use no heat so it would be pretty runny IMO

1 Like

URSA extracts with their 1000 followers and sub 100k cart orders Probably do not have access to this experimental/novel technology.

I am almost certain they spin off terps and do a light decarb. I fucking hate marketing from these same type of people whom were telling customers that raw garden wasn’t live resin.

Are we all in agreement that live resin is supposed to be high terp, high thca content? This is by definition uncartable with their tech (i know because I sell the exact same style cart)

I believe decarb and distillation are basically the same end result: d9

I think people whom say they are better than others and won’t say why are pretty wack. And people who cry to have others censor people who ask questions about these mysteries are worse.

I started selling wolkentek because of URSA but now I dislike the Brand. Ursa has started acting like all other Chaddy weed companies

5 Likes

Kind of a tangent, but does the market really care if there’s some thca crystals in their cart?

Seems to me that at this point it’s great ‘bag appeal’ to have crystals in your cart.

Sure, some people will probably eventually get pissed they can’t vape those crystals, but by that time, we’ll have solved that.

3 Likes

Having crystals in my cart just tells me it isn’t decarbed enough. Imo

The only thca I want in my cart is the small amount that’s in the hte.

6 Likes

The glass carts were awesome at processing thca. The mk 2 glass are even better.

Same

6 Likes

I think you have to find the sweet spot in d9 and THCA ratio. Diamonds decarbing in the cart (at least the ones I’ve tried) pressurize the cart and cause problems.

5 Likes

This is correct with most carts. With extreme headspace and/or threaded caps this is less of an issue

3 Likes

What’s the best cart for decarbed diamonds + HTE these days, in your opinion?

2 Likes