URSA extracts LIQUID LIE RESIN

I would like to start a discussion about URSA in california. They, like raw garden say they do not use distillate. They say they utilize liquid live resin. When pressed to see if they decarb, they denied the allegations.

Https://Instagram.com/ursaextracts

2 Likes

The problem is there are no legal definitions that will stand up in court. Like its not really false advertising because nothing has been defined.

Not sure how you can get something that would work in a cart and not have any decarb happening.

I say bs

3 Likes

Yea they have to have decarbed the thc-a or it will crash out at some point.

2 Likes

They said that they didn’t use centrifugal seperation/decarb OR pressurized decarb to cart.

They also said that their oil has one “chemical touchpoint” (god I hate marketing)

4 Likes

The problem is the sales guy that runs the ig probably doesn’t have a clue what the lab side is doing.

10 Likes

Couldn’t they CO2 strip the terps, decarb the biomass, then CO2 extract the thc, mix with the terps? It would be single solvent and they wouldn’t have decarbed the diamonds and separated, or decarbed the oil under pressure…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t they need to winterize the thc wash?

3 Likes

Breaking news: Wook lies about his process !!

Reminds me of the days when rollitup and grass city were the nexus of cannabis extraction related knowledge. Anyone remember that 1 douchebag qwisoking?

Edit: then deletes his Instagram account.

8 Likes

yeah this

i would love to know how they alter the chemical properties of a solution without the use of chemicals.

4 Likes

One chemical touchpoint, of course

7 Likes

I’m not super up on the intricacies of CO2, but I thought you could adjust the polarity of the solvent based on pressure and possibly do inline chromatography to clean up the canabinoid fraction. I’m just guessing at best though.

1 Like

You have that ability with co2 but the systems that achieve real selectivity use a co solvent like the azoth units.

2 Likes

They would want as many impurities as possible to slow nucleation.

1 Like

For the cannabinoid fraction in CO2 you decarb the biomass first for extraction efficiency as I understand it. so no concerns for nucleation.

1 Like

Didn’t see you guys were talking about chroma, I was just talking about selective extraction. I don’t know the extend to which co2 is used for chromatography if at all but I would assume that highly pressurized liquid co2 would displace your target compounds from the chroma media, desorption style.

Edit: that’s a big guess :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Could you change the polarity by adjusting the pressure and run a gradient through a column, like DCVC but single solvent?

1 Like

Yes, but you would probably need to design the system yourself. The only problem I see is the affinity of the media for the compounds of interest changing their affinity as pressure increases.

I think with a solvent that has such a tunable polarity, nailing down an effective procedure for adsorption is going to be tough. The reason I think that is because 13x zeolite has a high affinity for hydrocarbons at ambient pressure, but those hydrocarbons can be desorbed from the media by simply pressurizing the vessel with nitrogen.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’m comparing apples to oranges.

3 Likes

The only issue is URSA is a BHO extractor

3 Likes

I got sucked into answering a question, sorry for derailing ur thread lol.

Edit: or trying anyways

3 Likes