URGENT TOPIC: Would anyone happen to know how to successfully run a closed loop extractor, step by step process Anyone? My wife & I just purchased

All I can think of when I see the name Baxterimage

13 Likes

Here ya go!!! @GoldenGarden (lol which is the name of my favorite local Chinese food place, best tangerine chicken!!!)

11 Likes

FWIW I would also recommend paying for a consultant to help you build the processes and procedures; if youā€™re operating a dispensary you cannot afford to waste time, money or product and you will do all of that coming from your position of inexperience.

5 Likes

Iā€™m running a precision PXP. A whole different beast my man. Your video is easy to follow and you give good direct instruction. People new to extraction would be less intimidated after seeing this. Nice work! Have you run into any issues with water accumulating in your solvent? When I ran a similar system that was a big issue for me.

1 Like

If you decide to not hire me or someone else and you wanna go at it by yourself, hereā€™s some tips,

Donā€™t get cheap nuts. Get some with heft that are quality made. Brass is a soft metal and itā€™s holding your machine together. I use what Precision has.

Make sure your ventilation is up to par and thereā€™s no electronics nearby. Donā€™t even have a watch or phone on you.

Make sure you memorize what pressure your collection vessel is at when you pour it out. If it increases thereā€™s likely something blocking your line (or your pump is in rough shape if youā€™re running active)

Have lots of spare parts and equipment- gaskets, nuts, bolts, even a spare eye piece or two wonā€™t hurt. Keep a detailed maintenance log so you can track your costs on these.

If your system uses dry ice, check if thereā€™s a dry ice factory nearby. If there is give them a call and ask if they will sell you ā€œchip iceā€. Usually cheaper than elsewhere.

See what chemical or welding companies are nearby. You might be able to source cheaper, but quality solvent from them. Use your CLS and run the solvent through with no biomass to see what is left behind and have your solvent tested if you can.

If your first runs end up as dishes of turds, donā€™t worry. You can further process with pentane or invest in a short path to make distillate. Many other options as well.

Good luck!

7 Likes

whats the difference its rack mounted and not passive?

1 Like

Sorry I was thrown off because the op said Apollo

1 Like

I work for big corporate cannabis. We have giant propane and butane tanks outside with lines that lead into the lab. We have Huber chillers so dry ice isnā€™t necessary and the recovery tank is heated with a jacket. We have a vac pump that runs off of an air compressor with no oil.

3 Likes

Is that the cole parmer? Iā€™m thinking about buying one.

3 Likes

so a person w basic knowledge of cls should be able to tell u how to run it , everything but how to operate the chiller. we can tell u whats its used for but not how to run it(the chiller, unless the person has used one beforeā€¦im talking about learning from someone on smallet rig. passive is passive)

1 Like

Dispensary owners with no prior extraction experience should stick to owning dispensaries. Just my .02

11 Likes

Absolutely. He showed me his process. I wanted to say I appreciate the video and watched the whole thing, but what I run is significantly different. I would definitely trust him to run my CLS. Half of the work is done automatically with mine. His is a lot more complicated to run.

Or a venturi or are those only water powered

1 Like

I feel like a fool youā€™re not op. I posted that video for OP not for you :sweat_smile:

Thatā€™s not my process thatā€™s just a ā€œthe basics for newbsā€ that I post. Iā€™m so sorry.

2 Likes

Venturi would be pneumatic. Iā€™ve got to run air lines now. Lucky for me I get to rebuild my space and make it inherently safe, as a purpose built space.

4 Likes

Yeah, just use your water compressor

oh shit this isnā€™t you at all? :joy: I thought you wanted me to see your process and possibly help. Going to setup basically the same system for someone this weekend so it was good to get back to basics anyways.

1 Like

If you would like some consulting quoted, just let me know. I would be glad to assist you as you get underway. If you donā€™t already have one, youā€™ll need a vac oven and some other gear. I can assist with that as well.

Good luck and stay safe!

7 Likes

yep. neither of you had the right end of the stickā€¦

glad nobody got thwacked over the head with it by mistake :wink:

3 Likes

Venturi effect can be gas moving gas, gas moving liquid. Liquid moving gas, or liquid moving liquid.
Perhaps hiring a consultant would be best. But reading Future is a great start. Also check out https://graywolfslair.com/

5 Likes